Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: X mods

+1

X mods

In regards to the x skis has anyone repitched there stock prop yet in either direction? Looking for replys, as i took 1 mm out of my stock prop on a T-X to get rpms to 8,100 and I got them to 8,100 rpm (120 rpm gain) but loss 1 to 2 mph. Any comments or thoughts?

Also, i am wondering if anyone has upgraded there X air intake yet with results good or bad wound be nice. I have the power pipe if i want to install it but wanted to see what was working the best or not working before removing all the stock air intake.

I appreciate all comments.
    Last edited by skoepp; 03-27-2008 at 12:19 PM.

+1
    How many hours do you have on your ski? You should see 8100 (or more) once broke in. I am seeing 8060 with only a couple hours on mine.

Jaws has done significant work on props for his RXP-X. He is also running an air-intake I believe.

+1
    She has 8 hours on her. The ski opened up pretty good at 4 to 5 hours so not sure if the ecu is still holding back timeing or not. Usually at my altitude i will loose between 150 to 200 rpm or more. That being said i figured i would have been at 8,100 + when i was running 7980 t0 8000. It is possible that the ecu is not full tilt but i do not think so.
    What bothers me is on the rxp if your down rpm or up you put in or take out pitch on the prop and you find that sweet spot and when your taking out pitch on the rxp to gain rpm usually there is speed gain.

I only took out 1 mm and gained 100+ rpm to 8,100. (perfect)
    But the speed was definitly down. To me that means the grate, prop, and venturri must all be in line so to speak.

2008 RXP-X
    Good topic, I'm wonder the same things. Not sure if what has worked for the RXP will net the same results on the -X's

Also, i am wondering if anyone has upgraded there X air intake

I HAVE PUT A 4 INCH PVC INTAKE ON MY T-X AND GAINED 100 RPMS, I PUT A STG 1 AIR FILTER ON IT AND I RAN IT UP TO MY FUEL TANK ,,THEN TOOK OUT THE RESONATOR AND GAINED 50 RPMS I ALSO HAVE A15.5-22.5 PROP ON MY SKI THAT I TOOK 2MIL OUT OF,, I WILL RE TEST THIS WEEKEND

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbuck12345 View Post

I HAVE PUT A 4 INCH PVC INTAKE ON MY T-X AND GAINED 100 RPMS, I PUT A STG 1 AIR FILTER ON IT AND I RAN IT UP TO MY FUEL TANK ,,THEN TOOK OUT THE RESONATOR AND GAINED 50 RPMS I ALSO HAVE A15.5-22.5 PROP ON MY SKI THAT I TOOK 2MIL OUT OF,, I WILL RE TEST THIS WEEKEND
    Terry, that 4 inch pvc intake was it at the back of ski or front when you gained 100 rpm, and did you have back seat on or not.
    So basically with 4 inch run up to front it gained 50 rpm which would be less than 1/2 for me.
    I want to take the stock air out so bad but not sure which way to go.
    It will be interesting what the new prop does.
    I wish I new the measurements (pitch) of the stock prop.
    It was very choppy yesterday when i tested the -1mm stock prop but i swear i could fill the diference. Even turning more rpm it felt and was slower. Weird

2008 RXP-X
    I'm thinking the about removing the stock air intake and removing the resonator from the exhaust. Would definitely like to know if a 4" PVC net's the best results.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Terry, that 4 inch pvc intake was it at the back of ski or front when you gained 100 rpm, and did you have back seat on or not.
    So basically with 4 inch run up to front it gained 50 rpm which would be less than 1/2 for me.
    I want to take the stock air out so bad but not sure which way to go.
    It will be interesting what the new prop does.
    I wish I new the measurements (pitch) of the stock prop.
    It was very choppy yesterday when i tested the -1mm stock prop but i swear i could fill the diference. Even turning more rpm it felt and was slower. Weird
    I GAINED A TOTAL OF 150 RPMS WITH THE SEAT ON

+1

I've upgraded the X needs a 6-7 degree bend by the oil cooler and a little more air.

+1
    I GAINED A TOTAL OF 150 RPMS WITH THE SEAT ON
    So the power filter (stage 1) and resonator removed gained 150 rpm.
    Am i understanding this right? The 4 inch was just a comparison or am I way off. thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information