Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Low Fuel Warning

FYI.
    I know several peeps have wondered how much fuel is left in the tank when the Low Fuel warning goes off. I've checked it out three times, on my 05 RXP there is 2 gallons remaining in the tank.

+1
    So that's about 8-10 miles at WOT left when the buzzer goes off. That's consistent with my limited findings. I ran 8 miles at WOT after the buzzer went off once.

+1
    I have been wondering how much gas do you have when the buzzer goes off because one day i was out at the dam(bout a 10min ride from my dock) and when i got out there and turned round the buzzer went off and I tried to get back as fast as i could and i held the throttle going bout 60mph and the buzzer went off three times and i ended up making it back. I'm glad i was able to make it back because the last thing i wanted was to be stuck out in the middle of the lake and last summer my 800gp broke down on me and i sat there for like 45mins before some one was going to tow me back.

+1
    is there a way to reduce the noise of the beep when the low fuel warning goes off?
    i heard of duct tape over the speaker. where is the speaker? b/c i want to cover it up a little. it's embarrassing sometimes when your ski makes a long, loud beep..

+1
    speaker is located under the handle bars...Use electrical tape...

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin89
    I tried to get back as fast as i could and i held the throttle going bout 60mph and the buzzer went off three times and i ended up making it back.
    If you are worried about making it back you are better off going slower, like 35 -45 mph. You will use much less gas that way.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jack
    If you are worried about making it back you are better off going slower, like 35 -45 mph. You will use much less gas that way.
    exactly

according to the manual and my tests. (My tests are from when the buzzer went off I went home and filled up at a gas station and put exactly 12.1 gallons of fuel into the tank.) I have 4 gallons when the buzzer FIRST goes off.

+1
    most people's warning goes off when the sensor reads one bar of fuel. one bar of fuel is about 2 gallons. 1 bar is 1/8 of a 16 gallon tank. 1/8 of 16 gallons is two gallons....

Quote Originally Posted by Schlonky1
    most people's warning goes off when the sensor reads one bar of fuel. one bar of fuel is about 2 gallons. 1 bar is 1/8 of a 16 gallon tank. 1/8 of 16 gallons is two gallons....
    I had this discussion with someone in the past.
    So rather then retype I will copy and paste:

The low gas alarm starts beeping when it has 1 out of 8 bars of fuel left, 16 gallons divided by 8 bars equals 2 gallons of fuel before the alarm beeps.
    In a perfect world you would be correct. The last time mine started beeping I ran it a little while longer and then went home. After I got home and took her to the gas station I put 12.something gallons into the tank. You do the math.

Also if your theory held true I would be able to drive 450 miles on the 14 gallons of gas in my car. It reads 220 miles at half tank but usually I only get a max of 350-370 miles from the tank, One time In perfect conditions (winter cruise control entire trip ect) I got 400miles, but that was sucking fumes. If I went strictly by the gauge before half tank I should be able to drive in excess of 450 miles which equals about 32mpg. Most I have ever gotten from my car is 28.6mpg.

If you don't believe me take a look at the attached picture:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manual - fuel.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	842.8 KB 
ID:	4490  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information