Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question on break in..

Im prolly going to take mine out for the first time this monday or tuesday...If i go on monday my girlfriend will want to go...I have done break in periods on many things,although i have never doubled during the break in..
    My question is will it hurt to ride double during the break in period?Maybe make it break in better cause of more load?

Any help would be appreciated...

you'll be just fine with 2 up during break in. Just make sure to ride real
    easy until engine warms up.. then vary rpms and load.. DO NOT use the learnig key during break in ever.
    Make sure to blip wide open throttle for just a few seconds occassionally. This way your rings will seat properly.

Did you get both keys?

I've heard of some dealers only giving out the learners key for breakin. Then, they force you back for the 10 hour service and that's when they give you the other key... Ron

+1
    I've heard of some dealers only giving out the learners key for breakin. Then, they force you back for the 10 hour service and that's when they give you the other key... Ron
    run away fast from them if this is true ( I dont think it is ) ask where in the manuel does it say USE LEARNING KEY DURING BREAK-IN

ONE MORE TIME DO NOT USE LEARNING KEY FOR BREAK-IN

please post any dealer who does this

Break-in,

Some Dealers say 10 hours on learner key and other say none, remember all engines, for car's, bike's and boat's are tested after build for quality control before being installed, so that is taken with a grain of salt, but your jetski is an investment, SO it's all about common sense, it all depends how some one takes care of there stuff and some one how doesn't, guess which one last the longest, the moral of the story, be nice to it for a little while and don't dog it for a while, alternate rpm's and let the piston ring get settled to the motor, and you'll be a OK.!!!
    Last edited by caldo101; 03-28-2008 at 02:44 PM. Reason: spell check

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post

I would tell that dealer to take a hike..I paid for a ski with two key i want my two key...The dealer has no say so on how you break your ski in or were you take it for the ten hour "rip off" service....

DO NOT USE THE LEARNING KEY FOR BREAKIN!!!!!!!!

As far as breaking it in everybody has there own preferance and advise..
    BUT if you ask most of the top preformers on here they will tell ya ride it like you stoled it..Let it warm up to operating temp then take it easy for the first couple hours varing RPMs then run it like you would stoled it...Just dont want to be doing any long WOT runs for the first couple of hours...After that run that ski the way you would ride it..

OH ya and get rid of them Ceramic SC washers as soon as possible!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    THAT"S INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    I would tell that dealer to take a hike..I paid for a ski with two key i want my two key...The dealer has no say so on how you break your ski in or were you take it for the ten hour "rip off" service....

DO NOT USE THE LEARNING KEY FOR BREAKIN!!!!!!!!

As far as breaking it in everybody has there own preferance and advise..
    BUT if you ask most of the top preformers on here they will tell ya ride it like you stoled it..Let it warm up to operating temp then take it easy for the first couple hours varing RPMs then run it like you would stoled it...Just dont want to be doing any long WOT runs for the first couple of hours...After that run that ski the way you would ride it..

OH ya and get rid of them Ceramic SC washers as soon as possible!!!!!!
    I thought the new skis you didnt have to replace the washers they came with steel ones?

08's have steel washers.

Yeh i have a RXP-X,so it comes with steel washers right?
    Also RDIEALLDAY looks like once you went from a 3 to a 2 seater your staying 2 seater...Whats your thoughts on the 2 and 3 seaters...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information