Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Jagsy

News on BRP mods for 08 RXP-X

I hear that there are plans to release 'modification' / stage kits for the 08 Seadoo RXP-X.
    Is there anybody out there that has news of these.
    When will they be available?
    What will be the cost?
    How will they enhance the performance?
    Has anyone already modified their X yet?
    All feedback welcomed

Check the on-line store. Riva has a stage 1 kit available. There is also other parts specific to the X models.

Seadoo RXP-X stage1 74MPH @ 8000RPM $1163
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=730

Jagsy
    Cheers guys, I guessed Riva would be in there quick, I wonder whether BRP have the same plans. I would only consider such mods if they didnt compromise the Seadoo warrenty.
    Its more about acceleration than top end for me, personally I wouldn't put in the effort for another 4 or 5 MPH

+1
    BRP does not market modifications or kits. Those are marketed by after market companies. There is no such thing as a modification that is endorsed by BRP and guaranteed not to void your warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by jagsy View Post
    Cheers guys, I guessed Riva would be in there quick, I wonder whether BRP have the same plans. I would only consider such mods if they didnt compromise the Seadoo warrenty.
    Its more about acceleration than top end for me, personally I wouldn't put in the effort for another 4 or 5 MPH
    That's cheap speed in this game, better stay on the porch

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    BRP does not market modifications or kits. Those are marketed by after market companies. There is no such thing as a modification that is endorsed by BRP and guaranteed not to void your warranty.
    Last edited by JD 1; 03-28-2008 at 05:09 PM.

Jagsy
    Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    That's cheap speed in this game, better stay on the porch
    LOL, nice VOODOO, no illusion about $$$, just expressing a personal preference. Not taking the bait

As far as BRP not doing mods FRANKO, I'm only going on what my dealer have advsied me of "whats to come" here in "wait-a-while" Western Australia

Unless BRP have shares in RIVA, why wouldnt they consider 'breaking the mould' and sell/install and warranty mods to their ski's, especially ski's that are more geared to the race segment.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jagsy View Post
    LOL, nice VOODOO, no illusion about $$$, just expressing a personal preference. Not taking the bait

As far as BRP not doing mods FRANKO, I'm only going on what my dealer have advsied me of "whats to come" here in "wait-a-while" Western Australia

Unless BRP have shares in RIVA, why wouldnt they consider 'breaking the mould' and sell/install and warranty mods to their ski's, especially ski's that are more geared to the race segment.
    Well, unless BRP installs the mods itself, it would be foolish to sell mod parts and promise warranty coverage. This is because BRP cannot know whether the end user/installer is a ham handed imbecile whose shoddy work ends up grenading the ski.

Having said that, if JD1 hints that it is a possibility, I believe him. That dude is in the know, and wears some mad stylish shades.

+1
    I can tell you guys without a doubt that BRP will not be releasing their own line of performance mods for their skis.

BRP does believe that it's important for the industry that there is a strong aftermarket and that the enthusiasts have access to kits to be able to personalize their watercraft. BRP feels that their job as an OEM is to provide the models that the performance enthusiast wants to buy and to help support the aftermarket in ways that will make the industry stronger overall.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information