Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RXP-X vs RXT-X Speeds...

I was watching a video in a thread and couldnt find it again..It was showing the greenhulk test videos...In the video it showed the RXT-X against a Ferrari and said 0-50 in 2.9..I thought that was the RXP-X?So what makes the RXP faster?Just the top speed? i know im going to get more jumping anf faster turning being that the RXP-X is more nimble,but when i seen that it had me curious..

PX is lighter and 9" inches shorter with same engine.

+1
    In math you always solve for "X" and in this case I think it's safe to say X is greater than Y(amaha).

Do the math, I'm sure the P-X is a little better than the T-X in all those categories, but it might be nominal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadooingfreak View Post
    PX is lighter and 9" inches shorter with same engine.
    I really don't think that length has anything to do with it... Oh wait minute here... length has something to do with it according to my physics book with regards to planing hulls.. THE LONGER HULL SHOULD BE FASTER! However, weight and wetted surface has everything to do with the equation. Because it is longer doesn't necessarily mean that it has more wetted surface especially if it can keep its bow out of the water... and maybe with the VTS it now can.
    Last edited by Phil; 03-28-2008 at 09:47 PM.

Yeh thats what i stated...
    Mostly i been reading those are the differences...
    Also that 9inches is a big difference in the way it handles and 25 lbs too boot wont make it as nimble...

Thats why im scratching my head as to how the T-X can have the same acceleration...

+1
    I think the 0-50 will be quite close, but 0-60 that's another story all together. The RXP-X should romp in the latter event. Also, the shortness will help in agility. It would be quite difficult to ride a 3 seater in a closed course race becuase of the shear mass.

Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    In math you always solve for "X" and in this case I think it's safe to say X is greater than Y(amaha).

Do the math, I'm sure the P-X is a little better than the T-X in all those categories, but it might be nominal.
    X is greater (Y)amaha n (K)awasaki

It seems mmost people are buying the T-X more than the P-X...Are you going to see a difference just in handling and easier jumping on the P-X?Cause seems acceleration is close between the two skis...

+1
    Look at the video and you'll see just how large these 3-seaters are. I had a 3-seater once and if you're not riding 3 or towing then or out in the chop all day then I don't know what the draw is to the larger ski. The P-X is more nimble and if you could jump one, then the P-X would give you an inch or two more airtime. But it's not a light ski either.

+1
    I had a chance to run with a PX & TX & we ran several out of the hole from idle drags & the TX was right there with my 06 & the PX every time! Yes, my rxp hung with the PX out of the hole. I had just added the IC the night before & I was testing out a tweeked stock prop & a 13/18 3 blade trying to see what ring combo did what... I had an 82 ring with a 13/18 running 8180 rpm at the time.

I think I would get the TX if I were to get one soon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information