Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

Mudbug 2008 Travel Log = Central NORTH

Post info of when you plan to leave, who is traveling with you, etc…Also check out the other areas that you plan to pass through on your trip, see when/what people are doing for their trip…

Banned User
    +1
    Chicago Crew MUDBUG Proposed Travel Itinerary

Its roughly 1000 miles to Morgan City from Chicago area, and Google maps says thats 15 hours with no breaks. Last year we got there in just over 16 hours, including stopping for gas and breakfast with others. Coming BACK we only stopped for gas and made it in 14 hours…SO, given proper stops for gas and food, AND REST, we can knock it out in 15 hours total DRIVING…

Mudbug is a Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday event, with a majority of people showing up Thursday afternoon and leaving Sunday morning…All the nights are crazy, with awards Saturday night ...

I suggest we leave on Wednesday…HIGH NOON (or BEFORE) and take our time, allow ourselves 24 hours to get there…Plan to arrive and launch our ski’s at HIGH NOON on Thursday…

We can't check in the hotel until roughly after 3pm, so why not ride right away...The next 72 hours will be a blur of people, partying, and riding….and no sleep!

GOAL = Drive 700 miles in 10-11 hours…SLEEP…Drive the last 300 the next day…

Wednesday, June 11th
    - Departure time 9AM, OR BEFORE...heading SOUTH down I-57...For the next 10 hours/700 miles, we drive…
    - Arrive in Jackson, Mississippi area sometime after 7-8pm…Rest, get together for a group dinner, then hotel it the night

Thursday, June 12th
    - Leave Jackson, Mississippi area sometime around 8-9am (or before). Its just under 250 miles to Morgan City, and I think we can easily knock that out in 3 hours…
    - Head straight to the launch ramp, ride straight to Gro’s for a Cherry Bomb
    - Pull out sometime before it gets dark, go check in…

Thursday night – Sunday morning = WHATEVER , as long as the sun is up we ride!!!

Sunday, June 15th
    - Leave Morgan City by 12pm, or before…
    - Drive 450 miles to MEMPHIS, TN area, stay at a hotel and rest up…
    * Maybe all go to Group Dinner someplace, talk about the event, chill...

Monday, June 16th
    - Leave hotel around 8-9am, and drive remaining mile back home…

Again, this is just a PROPOSED driving plan. If we can get a crew together and travel like that, the drive will be okay and we can CERTAINLY enjoy the most of Mudbug 08’…..all rested up too!
    Last edited by Danny; 04-13-2008 at 04:47 PM.

+1
    Sunday sounds perfect ! We are thinking about leaving early AM (6:00 am)on Weds though. We may even try and drive the whole thing on Weds and sleep in on Thursday.

+1
    From Wichita will leave Wed am about 8-9 or so and travel south to Dallas then east to Shrevport then back south again. Will stay overnight somewhere near Natichotes (sp) or alexandria. Up at 8- or so and on the water by noon.
    Check in that night and ride the rest of the time.
    Leave Sunday early non stop all the way 850 miles be home that evening. Unless decide to stay for a while and rid somemore Sunday and make the trip a two day return.
    John

+1
    MY friend and I are heading out of louisville kentucky at around 230 or 3 am. Driving straight threw. Thats when he gets off work so ill just drive. its about 11 hrs and 45 minute drive. hope to make it in less than 11 hrs. prolly stop and get lunch. that means we will get there at about 2 which i hate. I was hoping to get there at about 12. maybe ill get my radar detector running. Ill prolly run 80 plus the hole way. have to get yalls cell numbers incase you all or us has problems. you never know we may catch up to you all lol. Ill be trying.
    sunday if ppl are gunna ride with us. we will prolly stay until the evening sunday and then drive home. Be home monday morning.
    Last edited by bajaeater; 03-30-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Sunday sounds perfect ! We are thinking about leaving early AM (6:00 am)on Weds though. We may even try and drive the whole thing on Weds and sleep in on Thursday.
    I like this idea! Leave earlier than noon! I would like to have some beer at the Hotel! Pass out and do it again 4 days straight! It's Vacation in my world! Come back with blisters on my thumbs from making love to crawfish!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    I like this idea! Leave earlier than noon! I would like to have some beer at the Hotel! Pass out and do it again 4 days straight! It's Vacation in my world! Come back with blisters on my thumbs from making love to crawfish!
    You must get your own room, don't want to see you molesting any crustaceans

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    I thought this was a given! I know I snore a lot when I drink, I used to have the bruises to prove until she kicked me into the guest bedroom! I will probably only get 3 hour naps in this time. I will miss XXX pounding on my door and given me that look that he is going to kick my arse if I don't get going!

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    I thought this was a given! I know I snore a lot when I drink, I used to have the bruises to prove until she kicked me into the guest bedroom! I will probably only get 3 hour naps in this time. I will miss XXX pounding on my door and given me that look that he is going to kick my arse if I don't get going!
    I think I know who XXX is... (Hi Steve, how ya doin brother...)
    He looked pissed off EVERY morning finding out that I was up later than everyone and out before you guys each morning...

probably why he's towing his own this year...

JP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information