Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with SC issue I have....

My buddy just did a S3 blower, 42lb injectors, grate, and 15/20 and went to test it out today. Things were going fine until the ski fell on it's face and wouldn't go above 60mph or 6100 rpm. Got it back to the dock and found the top SC air hose had blown off. I noticed that the wifes top SC(RR wheel) hose looks like it is trying to come off also. I used the factory clamps on both installs and yes I do have the otiker clamp tool. Does anyone have any advice on making sure this doesn't happen againor how to prevent it in the future? I can't imagaine I can get these clamps any tighter. Thanks to anyone who can offer some help.

+1
    Use some good quality worm gear clamps and ditch the oetiker clamps.

Clean the surfaces of both coupler and S/C and or T/B with windex, do NOT use any type of lubricant when installing couplers. The clamps should not have to be overly tightened. T-bolt clamps will definitely help over regular worm drive clamps.

What kind of pipes do you have? I couldn't keep everything together when using the original plastic crap riva sold, switched to metal and haven't had an issue since.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    What kind of pipes do you have? I couldn't keep everything together when using the original plastic crap riva sold, switched to metal and haven't had an issue since.
    Sounds like the stock hose/Ic from what he is saying

Yes, it is the stock piece. Thanks for the comments and input. I thought about the windex/glass cleaner thing to make sure it was good and clean. I will try and get them back on tonight.

Okay day 2. I know Jerry said get some good quality clamps which I thought I did. Went to Napa and asked for clamps and they said what they gave me was the best they had. So, run home, clean all matting surfaces with glass cleaner, install clamps and hose, run to water to test, and I get a phone call a few minutes later, "hose came off again". I should have known the clamps were junk when I tried putting the first one on, while tightening, it stripped and I had to use another. Does anyone know where I can get some GOOD clamps? I am thinking of going with t-bolt clamps next. Thanks for any help

Do you have any speed shops around you, not a pep boys or napa, but someone that sells quality stuff, usually the shops are mom and pop type stores, they would have what you need.

You could also try a dab or two of "the right stuff" but that could get messy.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Suthrn View Post
    Okay day 2. I know Jerry said get some good quality clamps which I thought I did. Went to Napa and asked for clamps and they said what they gave me was the best they had. So, run home, clean all matting surfaces with glass cleaner, install clamps and hose, run to water to test, and I get a phone call a few minutes later, "hose came off again". I should have known the clamps were junk when I tried putting the first one on, while tightening, it stripped and I had to use another. Does anyone know where I can get some GOOD clamps? I am thinking of going with t-bolt clamps next. Thanks for any help
    Do you have a Kenworth, International, Freightliner or Peterbilt dealer near you?? The parts department sells t-bolt and constant torque clamps which are a hell of alot better than the crappers NAPA sells.

T-Bolts are the best ones.

You can get some off ebay, i have some and they do a good job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information