Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hmm...67.1 on a stock ski?

I took the stock 07 (with 10-11hrs) for some speed runs on the river today, and got better results than I could have hoped, considering it wasnt glass out there.

First "pass", I get out of the idle zone, pass some boats, and hit - 67.1mph on the GPS with nose one click up (one click down on trim). This was with the current and with 13-14gallons of fuel

I couldnt beat that speed when the gas level dropped, due to porpoising. The second fastest I could get with the stream was 66.7 and the fastest against the current was 65.9. All runs were with me as far back as possible on the ski, feet around the hump in the footwells, and ass barely touching the grab handle. Maybe I could have gotten some more speed if it was glass and I could keep the trim at nose up +1? Has anyone gotten comparable speeds on a stock 07? I have a 1200 grate and old style J-plate here ready to be bolted up and maybe I can get it to or past 70 with just these things + stepped sponsons + pump and plate holes filled.

BTW - I see people putting on plates before grates. Would it be unsafe if I put on the J-plate before the grate for some runs?

Excellent speeds for a stock ski! REMOVE THE STOCK INTAKE NOW, before you add the plate, IT'S DANGEROUS! With the plate you should be up around 70 and that's neck breakin speed with that stock grate. Add an aftermerket grate BEFORE you add any speed mods.

Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    Excellent speeds for a stock ski! REMOVE THE STOCK INTAKE NOW, before you add the plate, IT'S DANGEROUS! With the plate you should be up around 70 and that's neck breakin speed with that stock grate. Add an aftermerket grate BEFORE you add any speed mods.
    Okie dokie. I'll remove the 1200 grate from the 04, put it on the 07, test, and then put on the plate + sponsons, and hope for 70

I should expect 0.5-1.0 mph loss with the 1200? Im still curious what this thing can do on glass water with nose trimmed up and low fuel..
    Last edited by PuprleNuprleGPR; 03-28-2008 at 05:46 PM.

I never ran my 04 with a stock grate but 66.sumthin was about it soyunds like ya have need 4 good plate & 800 grate... All though great speeds for what it is....

+1
    Purple,

The reason why your first speed was the highest is because the cat heated up.

If you let it cool off the speed will come back up. The d- plate will make your speeds go up as fuel goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by mtrager View Post
    Purple,

The reason why your first speed was the highest is because the cat heated up.

If you let it cool off the speed will come back up. The d- plate will make your speeds go up as fuel goes down.
    THats interesting...
    Would you say that I could have gotten up closer to 68 with lower fuel and the cat removed?

Quote Originally Posted by PuprleNuprleGPR View Post
    THats interesting...
    Would you say that I could have gotten up closer to 68 with lower fuel and the cat removed?
    Be careful, I sense the mod virus getting ahold of you . Now it's 68, then comes 69, then 70, 72, 75, it just gets worse

Well, the other day I got a 67.8 with 1/3 tank of fuel, 1/2 superman, and nose 1 click up. I have a 1200 grate and J-plate ready to bolt up, but am now wanting to see how much this ski can do with no aftermarket parts. Would I gain anything from filling the trim tab holes? Ill do the pump shoe and rideplate to see if I get that 1 mph gain

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    Be careful, I sense the mod virus getting ahold of you . Now it's 68, then comes 69, then 70, 72, 75, it just gets worse
    Virus? Most viruses can be controlled by drugs. This is a crippling disease that will cause you to spend all of your money and time. By the end, you will not be able to even think about anything other than the next mod and the speeds that will come from it.
    I will keep you in my prayers.

+1
    My 06 was clicking 67's all the time stock..

Put on a plate sunday with 1200 grate, full of fuel, clicked off 69.9 mid day in heat.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information