Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    The Unix Guy

uhh ohh... rocks maybe?

I think there is a destinct possiblity that I sucked _SOMETHING_ into my X today How can i tell? is there a box that I can pull or a compartment to open that will let me see if and tell if the prop is having issues? or should I just take it back to the dealer and have the look.

Thanks in advance.

+1
    Take a flashlight and look into the pump to see if you can see anything. You can also crawl under the ski and look up into the pump tunnel to see if you can see anything. If you can't see anything, the pump has to come off. Here is a thread that tells you everything you need to know to do the job (if you have the tools).

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=536

+1
    That's the RiSk you take...

The Unix Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    Take a flashlight and look into the pump to see if you can see anything. You can also crawl under the ski and look up into the pump tunnel to see if you can see anything. If you can't see anything, the pump has to come off. Here is a thread that tells you everything you need to know to do the job (if you have the tools).

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=536
    Well I dont think I have to tools needed for this job, now if we needed to pull the supercharger of an 03-04 cobra id be set Looks like this one is off to the Stealership to get the Cavitating diagnosed $_$

If you can take a supercharger off of a car engine you can remove the pump. You need a 17mm and (I think) 14mm socket, some extensions and a 10mm wrench as well as 10mm socket. I can't remember what the reverse bucket takes since I don't have mine anymore. Once you get the pump off removing whatever is stuck in the pump is easy as cake.

or you can take it to the dealer and look at a couple hundred bucks.

The Unix Guy
    Well I am not as "comfy" inside a brand new Ski's hull as I am under the hood of a car I will look at it in the morning and see what needs to be removed. I have checked the grate and tunnel and dont see anything off the bat, im hoping its nothing to bad

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Unless you thrashed the wear ring........

The pump comes off easy, promise, and I'm no mechanic. Done it 20 times.
    The Seadoo pump sucks every rock, stick and who knows what out of the water. Way more than a Yamaha.
    So, the 2-3 ft rule, water depth on engine startup, is really important on a Seadoo.

Quote Originally Posted by RiSk View Post
    I think there is a destinct possiblity that I sucked _SOMETHING_ into my X today How can i tell? is there a box that I can pull or a compartment to open that will let me see if and tell if the prop is having issues? or should I just take it back to the dealer and have the look.

Thanks in advance.
    I too sucked up something when I first got my ski, it didn't even have 1 hour on it at the time . It was cavitating very badly so I took it out of the water and went home to clean it up and get ready for the trip to the dealer.

Upon starting the engine to flush it, a rock (about 3/4" OD) spat out the rear of the ski and landed 30ft down the driveway!

Have you started it out of the water? Maybe, just maybe........

The Unix Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutto View Post
    I too sucked up something when I first got my ski, it didn't even have 1 hour on it at the time . It was cavitating very badly so I took it out of the water and went home to clean it up and get ready for the trip to the dealer.

Upon starting the engine to flush it, a rock (about 3/4" OD) spat out the rear of the ski and landed 30ft down the driveway!

Have you started it out of the water? Maybe, just maybe........

I have flushed it and took it back to the lake and the ski still was cavitating HORRIBLY

and RIDEALLDAY part of my issue is I dont know what I am looking at I take the seat off and I find two large hoses is the pump right below those?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information