Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Biotch better have my money rain or shine LiquidDI's Avatar

My RXP is faster than a triple piped STXr

Isn't that neat!

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    And the wedding dresses you sell for a living are the best too?

Just more of the same old jeolousy... LOL You crack me up 11.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by revhardSPX
    Just more of the same old jeolousy... LOL You crack me up 11.
    yup yup

+1
    What would a triple piped STXR run, speed wise, and how much would it cost to get those mods? Curious as to the bang for the buck factor.

I dought your RXP can beat a triple stxr unless your name is green hulk or the stxr is not tuned right. I have a friend that has one and always gps around 73-74 mph. I could keep up with with from the start but he had his prop repitch more for the low end. It brought his top speed down between 72-73 mph but now he can beat my rxp right out of the hole.

+1
    4pain, my triple piper has Novi 48 XR on M16 cages, MSD total loss, R&D heads (36cc), stock modded grate, R&D sponsons, R pot plate and trim system, trued hull, UMI fat head "closed course" (that puts you forward and hurts top speed a little) and a 148mm 12 veins magnum pump.

It runs on race gas and my first top end lasted me 30 hours, you have to remove a pipe to access the plugs, a tankfull of 110 octane goes down the carbs in 40-45 minutes if I ride hard.

The total loss ignition mandates to recharge batteries between the rides.

Oh yeah, I switched to premix so I need to replace the oil in the balancing shafts housing twice a season (have to pull the pipes to do that too)

It's a VERY user friendly setup

I go 73 and turn on a dime (setup is more closed course/ocean riding), from a dead stop to 1/4 mile I take about 50 to 60 yards to a stage 1 RXP.

The damage was between 25 and 30 000, including the boat.

I know that for that price I could have an 85 mph GPR or RXP but it's not what I dig, I love Gs and I can take more lateral Gs than longitudinal so....

A well sorted, stock carbed STXR with pipes, stock heads, rejet and KHI ignition can go around 68/69 on pump gas fairly reliably for 4000ish $...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 11
    4pain, my triple piper has Novi 48 XR ....11

Your ski sounds like the ticket to extreme fun! I have a few questions for you. First, how much does it cost to keep it running in top shape? I.E. does it brake often and what breaks and can you fix it yourself or at least inexpensively? Second, is the STXR susceptible to tipping over when pulling a lot of -Gs-? Third, how does it run in the slop (1'- 2' slop) for the average rider?

I have only seen 1 triple pipe STXR on my lake, but have never seen him run. My friends with Ultras fall frequently and sometimes get really hurt, especially when they try to compete in the slop. I guess it depends on the rider. In my case, I need a fast couch to stay in the game. I fell 3 times when I had my Kawai SXI and it really hurt. As a matter of fact Kawai exchanged my 2 seater for a 3 seater at no cost. That in itself tells me that Kawai is a quality oriented company. Now I have a relatively fast 4-TEC GTX and I don't fear falling as much. I don’t know how I would do against a modified STXR. I suppose everything is a trade off.

Oops, I lied. I do have another question: Where do you find your Skat pump really helps; out of the hole, mid-range or top end? I’m thinking about getting a Magnum pump, but nobody has found the right prop yet for my ski.

I have corresponded with Ron Self from ROGUEJETS.NET who said he is building a monster 15F for sale. Do you have any knowledge of his project?

+1
    Well it's actually kinda mildly tuned as far as the carburetion is concerned and I basically ride only when the weather is nice (the joys of Kalifornia) so we don't have tune the carbs too often.

BUT, I still use high octane gas (6$ a gal last year, probably 8 now), the MSD total loss doesn't recharge the battery so I have to have 3 gel batteries permanently on a tender.

My top end took a shit (PTO cylinder was losing PSIs) at 30 hours and some change, which is better than I expected, Iplayed it safe and replaced the 3 pistons and 3 cylinders, cost me 1500$ of original Kawasaki parts (can't bore up STXR cylinders since theyre nicasil plated)

So statistically it's 60 to 80$ of gas and 50$ worth of parts per hour of riding plus the oil.

But it's also the hassle, if I go ride far from Pacific Palisades I need to transport jugs of high octane gas, premix isn't an issue for me at all, batteries are ok to deal with if you know you asked for it, the balancing shafts oil is a pain in the ass though.

As far as handling the STXR is hard to explain if you've only been on SDs, I'd say that at speed it's like an old GP that doesn't porpoise, maybe kinda like a 98 XL that carves and hooks up better.

With the mods it just stays on rails and is physical but very predictible, it's not going to jettison in the rough you like an Ultra would and if you got stamina you'll go far and you'll get there faster than the others.

If you want to fall, try to do a 360 on it, it won't even do a 180, not even a 90, not even a 45, not even a 10, it will turn like a slot car, you still being on it depending exclusively on how hard you can hang on the bars and the seat.

it won't tip over from Gs because the sponsons being hooked require the sponson in the inside of the turn to hook on the water, and that means having a rather low inertia momentum (raw traduction from my French, didnt study physics in english) the only thing that makes the inertia momentum higher is your ass, and your ass will be gone for a swim before the ski tips over.

THE MAGNUM PUMP.

Those things are INCREDIBLE, they're like puting slick tyres on a car, they make the chop feel like glass, kill porpoising (I had 3 piped GPs and on the last one I got the pump, never had to think about porpoising ever again)
    never unhook and I will NEVER own a ski that doesn't have one ever again.

It's a lot of money but worth every penny, I'd put a Magnum Pump on a toaster if you let me.

I havent raced an RXP that's even close to Jerry's league but I have raced a couple triple piped GPRs, including a Riva build, pretty well sorted stage 3 and basically I lose 4 or so mph but I smoke them so hard low and mid that it takes them 2 or 3 miles to catch up.
    I guess Jerry would catch on me faster than that.

:hint: if it's flat, get the holeshot, ride for a mile, stop, make a U turn, smile and call it a kill

If it's rough, after a minute you'll be out of sight,

USER FRIENDLY TRIPLE PIPERS

There is a way to have a pretty sharp, fairly reliable triple piper, just don't raise the compression (or at least not too much), run pump gas, even keep the oil injection and that works for STXR and GPR.

Get the triples, a CDI, rejet, get the right prop and a pair of sponsons and no stock ski will touch you, look at how the STXR hangs right next to the RXP from 0 to 40 with 70hp less, well with triples you'll beat 99% of the RXPs you'll race out of the hole, be even on top and much better handling.
    A GPR with such a setup will run AT LEAST 73/74 and won't handle worse than an RXP.

Just like a Matrix 200.

+1
    And as it wasnt long enough, Rogue Racing.

I don't know where they're at but I believe they still havent figured the ignition yet.

www.maccracing.com builds supercharged 15Fs, macc stand for Chris Mac Clugage and he opened a shop here in SoCal, he basically offers the stuff Kawasaki Factory gave him to sweep away the world finals last year with a 330 hp supercharged 15F.

THAT is sorted out, THAT is serious, THAT is what I'll get next year if Kawasaki doesn't give us the ski we've been expecting for so long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information