Here are some stats of those interested for my 04 GTX SC LTD

Temps 84
    Water Temp 80
    Bars of Fuel 4

1st Run 65.3 @7500
    2nd Run 66.3 @ 7650
    3rd Run 66.1 @7600

A definate problem with the impeller with those RPM's
    Mark recommeded I put the stock impeller back on for now until I can get the Solas repitched but to be careful as I will most likely be bumping 8500 with the stock one.

Mods on the Doo:

Race Tech Stage 1 Kit w/RR Intercooler and Race Tech plumbing
    Riva Vortech S/C w RR Heavy Duty Clutch
    Riva Sponsons
    Riva Block Offs
    Riva Stage I Kit
    (Impeller is Solas 13/20), which is obviously a big problem with my RPM's and will need to be repitched
    Denso 27's

I will send this info off with the impeller and have them pitch it to perform at about 8300 to 8400. Any ideas/recommendations on the correct pitch?

Here is a weird one that I have not seen or heard of on any of the forums. While going over wakes or letting off of the throttle suddenly, I hear a quick "chirping" sound occasionally as this happens. It sounds like a cricket in the above mentioned situations. Could this be something in the supercharger???

+1
    Yea you RPM's are way too low. That 20 pitch is too much. I've tried that pitch already with low RPM's as the result.

That chirping sound is a very familiar sound to me. Its your clutch slipping with lots of tension on it. Did you build the clutch or did Mark?

I was afraid it was the clutch. I sent the S/C to PPG for the HD clutch and installation of the Vortech S/C impeller. I would not have touched it. Do I need to yank it and have it done before the ceramic failure occurs???

+1
    well, that is a tough call. I think it's normal to hear the clutch "chirp" on the heavy duty setups.

Well, that is good to hear. I assumed the $380 I shelled out was to bullet proof the S/C. I can live with the chirping if it is not a "prelude" to failure. How do I get in touch with Impros to send my prop off?

Another note about my speeds and mods. Mark seemed to be quite pleased with those speeds/mods on a GTX 4TEC S/C. He said it is about 1-2 MPH faster than the average model. The corrected prop should really make the GTX shine....

Makes me wonder Hulk, I broke mine in fast and hard!!

+1
    You can get the contact info at www.impros.com

I'll be honest with you though, i have had better results with PPG's repitch on the Solas.

+1
    Ever since I got the Vortech impeller and the RR HD clutch components, I've heard that chirping noise as well. On two skis now. Mark says he had never heard of it when I asked.

My advice is put the stock prop back on and see what RPMs you get. Once you get the stock prop to the RPM level that Mark says its supposed to hit (8500?) then (and only then) try other props. I wasted a lot of time trying to guestimate modded props and RPMs.

+1
    Yes, definately use your stock prop as a baseline. If you don't, you will chase a bunch of rabbit trails. If your stock prop gets the desired RPM's, all that is left is dialing in the correct prop pitch.

Franko/Jarrett,

Thanks for the additional info. I will get that stock prop on this weekend. Glad I never got rid of it now...Everyone here is getting me right on track to where I want to be. Jarrett, did PPG do your HD clutch as well and did the chirping ever go away, and have you ever lost the clutch that was ever chirping?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil
    Jarrett, did PPG do your HD clutch as well and did the chirping ever go away, and have you ever lost the clutch that was ever chirping?
    PPG didn't do my clutch, Frank and I did the first two Race Tech did the last one. All 3 chirped, but the Race Tech has lasted 8 hours now. I can't remember if the stock SC chirped or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information