Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hmm...water leakge

Well this weekend I had a blast to say the least...but one thing I noticed is when I has 3 people on the ski (me and 2 others) and I would Idle threw the canals after riding for awile...My hull would fill up with water and the bilge pump would kick on and stay on for 15 or so seconds...but then when I would ride 2 up (me and someone else) or just me and I would ride for awile and then idle back threw the canal very little water would come in??? makes no sense to me....

what ya make of it?

Pinch off your stock bilge lines and try it again....

I wonder if your getting some sort of back flow thru the bailers.......

It would be a good experiment to try

AJ: I dodn`t remember if you installed a bilge pump or not???, maybe from the backwash when slowing down and the ski`s footwells gets really filled up, could be coming in from rivets to!?...PR...

yeah there was alot of water in the foot wells....

Yeah I have the one everyone else uses the auto one that comes on every 2.5 minutes...works like a dream!

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    AJ: I dodn`t remember if you installed a bilge pump or not???, maybe from the backwash when slowing down and the ski`s footwells gets really filled up, could be coming in from rivets to!?...PR...
    what rivits?

Quote Originally Posted by Totallyblown
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    what rivits?
    Your mats on the 2004 are riveted down, and there is little black plastic caps that cover them. Also, could water be back flowing into your bilge pump fitting???...PR...

NO the bilge pump fiting is where yours is about 2 feet up off the deck of the ski...

My mats are brown color....and they have little bump all over them around the edges....are those the rivits? and just a small part of the back of one of the side mats is peeling up about 1 inch long...would that cause it?

the little plasctic nubs are the rivet covers...it`s a possibility...PR...

yeah....hmmm....O well I guess there aint anyway to fix that...I guess thats what the bilge pump is for...

Think I may ahve found my prob...when I removed my stock intake grate today to install my Riva one...I found that when I took the front two smaller bolts on the rear of the grate water poured out....and then when i took the entire thing off a little more came out....I aint talkin a whole lot but like 2 ounces....(but I had already opened the back drain screw things....So I dont know if that would of made more water come out if i didnt open those? Whats your take on that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information