Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waste Gate Solenoid Replaced

04 R12_X. Just got back from dealer. Now runs great at wide open no complaints. But nail it at 40mph and thereís a hesitation and kind of a growling under the seat. Lasts a second and then wide open is fine. Also low speed and idle all stumbling all over it self now. Sucks, before solenoid went bad it ran absolutely perfect. About 50 hours on it plugs are new. Any ideas? Just keep getting run around at dealer. Maybe the waste gate itself is bad?

+1
    I would try a new set of plugs and a can of seafoam. The WGS should not affect Idle.
    JR

Whats seafoam? And plugs re brand new...

+1
    New plugs can be easily fouled by a careless dealer, by repeatedly cranking for short periods. The plugs and a can of seafoam gas treatment are available from Advance Auto Parts. The plugs will need to be ordered so call ahead first.
    If the plugs are not the problem, you can keep them as a spare set anyway.
    Enjoy your toy,
    JR

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by King Diamond View Post
    Whats seafoam? And plugs re brand new...
    It's a Fuel injector/system cleaner.

ECU Connections a must!!!!

I wrote what I repaired but it did not post.
    I bought a knock sensor and after drilling tapping rounded heads I managed to install it. It did the same as always, beep beep beep FI. My neighbors hate that noise. Bottom line.
    Check the connection twice, three times when coding. The connection to and from the ECU. I found green powder film on the pins of the ECU caused by leaving the battery hooked up. But the main problem was the harness connection. I pulled the protection rubber off the harness and seen more than a few blacken connectors. I used a drill bit the size of a tooth pick, steal wool on that very thinly and shined it back to brass. It did not code and ran great on the trailor. Can't wait to test run on water. Hope this helps others. Thanks for the encouragement Guy, It took about 3 hours due to broken bolts. Eddie

+1
    When you put your electrical connectors together, fill them first with silicone di-electric grease. You can buy it from the auto parts store as "sparkplug boot release grease". This will solve any further corrosion issues, it did for me.
    JR

Thanks for the thoughts all. I just wanted to follow up. I disconnected and reconnected the battery in an effort to rest the ECU. At least I think thatís what it does from reading some of these threads. It solved the low speed idling issue. Most of the strange growling is gone. Now the only thing that remains is a hesitation when I punch it. Really at any speed, it struggles along for 2 or 3 seconds, and then kicks I hard and runs wide open fine. Still havenít tried the Seafoam or the plugs yet. I guess thatís next. Dealer charged me 18 bucks a plug for these last time. Anyone know where to get them cheaper?

plugs

$10.48 @ Advanced discount auto. Call first it usually takes a day to get them. I have been watching your post as I am having problems with my 02.Not to happy with the Honda.

Advance auto has plugs for $9.99 each. Same plug.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Diamond View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts all. I just wanted to follow up. I disconnected and reconnected the battery in an effort to rest the ECU. At least I think thatís what it does from reading some of these threads. It solved the low speed idling issue. Most of the strange growling is gone. Now the only thing that remains is a hesitation when I punch it. Really at any speed, it struggles along for 2 or 3 seconds, and then kicks I hard and runs wide open fine. Still havenít tried the Seafoam or the plugs yet. I guess thatís next. Dealer charged me 18 bucks a plug for these last time. Anyone know where to get them cheaper?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information