Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

my RXT-X vs. my Ultra

I Just got my RXT-X today at 5:30 PM. Rode it for a while at 5mph until it warmed up. Then brought it up to 30mph and rode it for about 2 minutes at 30-50mph varying the speed. Then I brought it back to idle and then did a pull from idle to 8,100rpms, held it for 3 seconds and then got off it and let it go back to idle. I repeated this pull 15 times. Then I did some hole shots against my almost stock Ultra with my wife driving the Ultra. Guess what guys... it was a dead tie from 0-50mph. I didn't want to stay on it for a long time. Tomorrow, I will run it for about 3-4 hours varying the speeds but never going WOT for any period of time. By Sunday it should be broken in. I will then bring it up to WOT and record my GPS speed. I will then run my Ultra again (hole shot and top end) and report back to the group on my findings.

When I ran my Ultra today, both skis were full of gas, elevation 800ft., water temp was 52F and air temp was 68F, very mild chop and about 8mph wind factor, humidity was 30. Perfect conditions for both skis... except for the elevation. Top speed for the RXT-X on my GPS was 66mph.

BTW - I find the steering to be extremely quick and deliberate... totally different than the Ultra steering. Unless my RXT-X really comes alive, I think the Ultra will bury it in the lake slop. We will see.... after it has been fully broken in. This is the real world guys.

+1
    Nice thread and congrats on your new ski.
    I am surprised you are pulling 8,100 rpm right away. You definetly will gain a little after 4 hours or so.
    Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

the ECU on the 4tecs limits power for the first few hours. it will get faster with the most notable difference at 3 hours. It seemed like the "change" happened to my RXT after it was turned off and re-started.

The ECU's limit performance in the breakin hours. Give it some more time, then you will start to see a difference. That ski will be eating SHO's and Ultra's like its a job.

+1
    Take it back and get the Ferrari 430.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTXX View Post
    the ECU on the 4tecs limits power for the first few hours. it will get faster with the most notable difference at 3 hours.
    It seemed like the "change" happened to my RXT after it was turned off and re-started.
    +1 I had ridden one day and it showed 4 hours when quite. The next ride different day right off the bat gained rpm. I rode thru 6 hours and did not notice any difference.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTXX View Post
    the ECU on the 4tecs limits power for the first few hours. it will get faster with the most notable difference at 3 hours. It seemed like the "change" happened to my RXT after it was turned off and re-started.
    First of all, did you know that you have a bug in your blank avatar? When I saw it i tried touse my finger and squash it. I thought it was on my screen. ROFLMAO Getting back to your point... did you notice a major difference in performance after the 3 hour breakin? Was the difference in the pull or the top end?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    Take it back and get the Ferrari 430.
    Are you kidding, I have a 2008 Z06 and in about 4 weeks from now I will blow away the F430 and his big brother, a 599 to boot! Ask Jerry and he will tell you why I am going to blow them away.
    Last edited by Phil; 03-28-2008 at 09:34 PM.

+1
    Is there anyway to hold the highest rpm on the T-X.. I know I can do this on my Ultra. I read the manual and don't see any special buttons on the dash to do this or anything special with the exception of holding the up/down buttons on the VTS to set the low and high trim defaults. Am I missing something?

+1
    Christ Phil what do u do for a living? drug runner? hitman? male gigolo? you must earn some serious cash to pay for all your goodies.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information