03-29-2008, 01:48 AM #1
My STX15F is finally on its way to OZ!
Well I managed to get a decent price on an STX15F from the houseofmotorcycles.com, and its making its way to Long Beach today, and on the boat on Monday for the journey to Australia.
Should take about 30 days to get here.
Once it does I hope to take photos of it as I unpack it etc.
Should be good..can't wait to see it in the flesh!
03-29-2008, 09:39 PM #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2008
- Perth, Western Australia
If you dont mind me asking but how much will it cost you landed in Oz?
My local dealer quoted me $19500 for an 08 STX-15F
RRP in US works out to under $9000AU. I can not imagine it would be more then $3000-$4000 for shipping and taxes?
03-29-2008, 10:15 PM #3
Costs are expected to be:
- purchase price of $7572US incl delivery to Long Beach
- expected $1600US shipping fee Long Beach to Brisbane (via www.import-a-boa.com.au ). This fee gets it cleared through customs etc also
- $300 insurance (import-a-boat insurance excess was $5K so took out my own insurance)
- $1000 AUD for a single axle Trailer
- GST of close to $1000AUD
04-01-2008, 08:25 PM #4
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
04-26-2008, 08:06 PM #5
An update on this. I have no idea where my ski is. Communication with the shipper has not been good!
Anyway in the meantime I have purchased a trailer:
Also whipped up a trolley to put it on when its in the garage:
Just have to add the polyurethane skids to the top of the timber. Cost me $65 so far
05-24-2008, 09:43 PM #6
Hey mate post something on how it all went have been thinking about doing that also . What a small world im in Toowoomba also .May catch u on the water .
05-24-2008, 11:56 PM #7
Here's an update:
- I called the shipper a few weeks ago. He reckoned the ship had a broken rudder and it had to go to NZ for repairs.
- He then tells me it will take 2 weeks to get from NZ to Australia. This is after it had been repaired
- I finally find out the name of the ship its on, and lo and behold the bloody thing has to go to NZ anyway as that is part of the scheduled route, and even though I was told it had left NZ and was on its way to Aust, the actual ship still had not even arrived at NZ for its scheduled stop.
- The thing that gets me is I was told it had left Long Beach CA on the 4th April. Shipping liners say 30 days on the water. Mine has been missing in action for 50+ days.
- The ship is supposed to arrive in Brisbane Aust on the 3rd June. I hope my ski is on it!
So it has been a frustrating exercise so far!
05-25-2008, 12:23 AM #8
Hang in there. Waiting for toys to arrive in hard.
06-03-2008, 09:09 PM #9
Well the ship has finally arrived in Brisbane Australia.
I have now been told Customs want to Xray the container so that will hold it up most likely.
Then I am told the container it came over in had no roof or sides....WTF... I was never told it would come like this!
So god knows what condition it will be in when it gets here.
Hopefully will have some pics of it very soon!
06-03-2008, 09:15 PM #10
I am not a big fan of those roller trailers, seems to me to many pressure points ,IMHO
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By SeadooTech in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 59Last Post: 08-15-2013, 12:34 PM
By cjo632racing in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 11Last Post: 04-21-2011, 08:40 AM
By jofa390 in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-07-2010, 10:32 PM
By Chrisrokc in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 8Last Post: 06-07-2006, 05:17 PM
By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 15Last Post: 05-23-2006, 01:58 PM