Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: S/C ?

S/C ?

I have a 2003 GTX S/C and I need to have the S/C rebuilt. Im going to send my s/c to Jerry today, and I have no Idea what I should do. Will the 2008 s/c rebuild kit work?

i dont know who jerry is but after supercharger is rebuilt it will go so much better ive got ther same model and had mine rebuilt aswell ,how many hours on ski, im not sure about 08 upgrade
    Last edited by eroled185; 03-29-2008 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have a 2003 GTX S/C and I need to have the S/C rebuilt. Im going to send my s/c to Jerry today, and I have no Idea what I should do. Will the 2008 s/c rebuild kit work?
    The '03s have metal washers @ $5 each. You might get lucky and just need to have those replaced. The gear they ride on tends to wear over time, so that might need to be replaced if it's worn too much. If you're going to have the SC rebuilt, you should replace the bearings too. I'm not sure what the new model upgrade kit will do for you though and i'm interested to find out myself... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Will the 2008 s/c rebuild kit work?
    No, the 08 kit will not work for the GTX as it has a 16 tooth gear. Your GTX has a 17 tooth gear.

You will need this rebuild kit

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=340

and these metal washers
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=381

I don't think Seadoo has any plans to make an 08 spec rebuild kit for the GTX

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by eroled185 View Post
    i dont know who jerry
    I am Jerry

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    The '03s have metal washers
    Actually, the 03's do not have washers of any sort. The gear rides on the lock washer and the distance sleeve(drive plate)

All of the previously available components of the 03 assembly are no longer available and the part numbers superceed to the rebuild kit i posted above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03 clutch.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	64708  

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I am Jerry
    ah , hi Jerry good job

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Actually, the 03's do not have washers of any sort. The gear rides on the lock washer and the distance sleeve(drive plate)

All of the previously available components of the 03 assembly are no longer available and the part numbers superceed to the rebuild kit i posted above.
    Jerry, what are these washers in the online store? http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=496 Ron

+1
    Ron those are the spring washers that hold tension on the clutch stack. Those are not the friction clutch washers.

I now understand what you were telling him about just replacing the spring washers to maybe put more tension on the clutch, but being that its an 03 i can almost guarantee that the gear is worn out.

+1
    ok all, i'm in the same boat, need to rebuild my 03 SC soon. why cant i buy a used SC from an 06/07 rxp or rxt, maybe even with metal washers already, or even a upgraded wheel???
    i see them on here commonly in the $500-750 range...
    what needs to be changed to make it work in a basically stock 2003 GTX SC????
    i have a R&D air intake, 12/20, and a greenbox w/rear exhaust. opas blockoffs and a wedge.
    what is the cost differences??
    03 retrofit to 06 spec=396 +109+jerry's labor
    06 swap=500 +???
    all us 03 guys need a good way to upgrade, this might be the easiest???cheapest??
    theres going to be lots of used OEM SC out there cuz people always upgrading...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information