Raider 1100 Jetting issue

Quick Into: found this site got hooked on all the cool info on going faster.

Bought a pair of wrecked 1100 raiders last september and with no more than a Gasket set and a new crank made one good running one.

Owner before me did common go fast cheap mods. cut orig ride plate, moved the sponson forward, aftermarket prop. (unknown pitch) and milled head with 150 even on all 3 cyl.

I cleaned out the carbs that went with the milled head and it ran great for the most part. good hole shot, acceleration and top end felt really good but I could feel the RPM's drop occasionally and new it was leaning out but would check comp and it was same so could not ID which cyl.

Well my dad rode it last month and ran a little to long on top end and it burned the middle cyl.

took it down and carbs look good so checked the jets they are:
    main 107.5, 95, 107.5 turns 1,1,1 1/8
    pilot 95,95,95

I know some run staggered jetting but seems to me 95 is a little low. At this point I am guessing it is the reason for the melted piston. pretty much a four corner meltdown.

Hoping some experts could confirm or offer some suggestions.

thanks

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    The mains that you have are stock. the pilots are supposed to be 75's I think. Download the manual in the tech section

If the only engine mod is the head, that jetting may be too rich. We need alot more info, like what rpm's was it turning, what prop is in there, ect. It could be as simple as an oil line popping off teh carb.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1

Thanks addicted I will read thru the manuel.

I dont have a tach or GPS. I can tell you we were back on a creek and it was glass smooth so I know he was running full open. Yes the Milled Head is the only mod. The prop that was in it is likley stock as I dont see anything on it but have not had the pump out.

It is premix so no oil lines.

OK additional update
    checked the manual and the jets are stock specs.

I read the pilots wrong they are all 75's not 95's (getting old can't see those small #s very well)

Stock High speed setting is supposed to be 7/8 they were at
    pto 1,cntr 1, mag 1 1/8

Looks like everything was set ok. was also running 93 gas.

Piston got squeezed to the point the rings siezed inside the grooves compression before teardown on the middle cylinder was less than 20.

....back from the dead.... J-ME's Avatar
    +1
    Leave the low (pilot) jets alone.

Go with 110 mains on all 3 cylinders.

Adjust your low speed screws with the ski running on the trailer in the water.

Start with your high speed screws and 2 and SLOWLY bring them in while doing some high speed plug "chops".

Quote Originally Posted by J-ME View Post
    Leave the low (pilot) jets alone.

Go with 110 mains on all 3 cylinders.

Adjust your low speed screws with the ski running on the trailer in the water.

Start with your high speed screws and 2 and SLOWLY bring them in while doing some high speed plug "chops".
    sorry to hijack this thread but i have just rebuilt a raider to 1090cc (82.5)
    fitted a gp1200 pro-tec (rec) head, removed the chokes and bored out the casting bosses. got an R&D power plenum flame arrestor. i get an even 150psi on all three cylinders (would this be correct compression?) should i go with that jetting recommendation?

Thread Information