Cross Cook Straight PWC Race

Thought you guys might be interested in this. This is the first time a race for PWC`s has been held running across Cook Straight and back here in NewZealand. Its 40 miles each way across a piece of water widely accepted as being one the meanest stretches of water around these parts.Two oceans meet inbetween the Two main Islands of NewZealand.A couple of weeks ago there were 11 meter swells If its that bad on race day the race will be held on the inner harbour as it was only 3.5 meters when it was 11m in the staight.
    Two T.V. stations are covering the event and organisers are expecting 200 entries. Heres a link with a bit more info http://www.fullthrottle.biz/event4.htm . Should be a awesome event.

Chris.

Chris,

Since this is going to be televised, have your wife record it for me in an NTSC format if possible so I can watch it here in the US. That looks like it is going to be nuts!!! Oh yeah, you just mentioned it, are you going to enter this????

+1
    Advice to those entering this... tighten everything and zip tie... A stock boat will win it.

Jay,
    definetly,this is going to be big (for NewZealand) a lot of people are coming out of the woodwork for this one. Rumour has it that One or Two S/C 15F`s will be there as well as a Les Cooke prepared ski coming over for one of our local young guns. I spoke to Les the other day but he`s pretty cagey about what trim it will run in. This race is also round Two of our winter endurance series so theres going to be a real mix of ski`s and riders.

Jawz,
    I hope your wrong (my ski`s not exactly stock) but my gut tells me your probably right.I think it will go to a young fit rider,its a big ask for a forty somthing like me with a 3year old ski just to get there and back and still be able to walk the next day But as all racers tell themselves " ya just never know" .

Thread Information