Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1

Head/valve question... Need input.

I feel like a retard for even posting this. Since I have my stock IC out, and SC off... I had strategically placed microfiber towels over gaping holes in the motor. A friend was over picking up some LS1 parts I sold him. He was looking at the ski, alright. I walked across the garage to gather the parts. For some reason or another I hear my goddam ski fire then shut off.......... Asshole saw fit to open the glovebox, grab the lanyard and start my ski!! So now, I was ready to beat him in the face with the hammer I saw laying on my bench. As politely as I could I told him to get the fuck out and I gave him the parts. I started checking shit out. Rag over the SC hole was there, so was the one over the TB. But the one that was living over the IC hole was mysteriously gone. Looking into that hole with a mirror and flashlight I didnt see anything. Looks can be deceiving, we all know it. So I became a contortionist for the next 6 3/4 mintues laying across the side/front of my ski with my left arm stuffed into the intake. Guess what, rag was sucked into the rear-most intake runner. Pulled on it and it did have slight resistance on it. So I just eased it out as I felt it coming anyway. Thank god it came out in one piece!! So help me I would have murdered my friend. But I still might.

Moral: Do any of you think this mishap fucked my 0 hour motors head/valve?

+1
    i guess you can always find out by doing a compression test

hahah

Thank god my friends have enough respect for me and my expensive toys to not touch them unless permitted. That is a funny story though. Not funny about your ski.

Im not "one of the experts" by any means but it sounds like your ski is fine. If the rag came out in one piece, it should not have caused any damage. I would (just to help me sleep) perform a compression test on it.

Its the inlet valves that you have to check. Remove the inlet manifold and turn over the motor untill the valves are closed. Have a good look with a light to see if there is any damage. the best way to check if the valves are seating correctly and are not bent is to tip some petrol in to the port and see if the valve is sealing correctly. BUT this is normaly done with the head removed.

+1
    Appreciate the input. Ill check the compression on it. I threw it all back together real quick and started it up. I was freaking out so I had to do something to reassure myself it still ran!! But yea the rag did come out in one piece. Pretty apparent by holding it up and looking at it. Could it really by some distinct possibility have bent a valve???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    i guess you can always find out by doing a compression test

i agree. if the valves are bent you will be able to tell by a low reading on that cylinder.

+1
    ooo ooo i win i win

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    i agree. if the valves are bent you will be able to tell by a low reading on that cylinder.
    Ill have to check and see if my adapter will fit down in that plug hole........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    I feel like a retard for even posting this. Since I have my stock IC out, and SC off... I had strategically placed microfiber towels over gaping holes in the motor. A friend was over picking up some LS1 parts I sold him. He was looking at the ski, alright. I walked across the garage to gather the parts. For some reason or another I hear my goddam ski fire then shut off.......... Asshole saw fit to open the glovebox, grab the lanyard and start my ski!! So now, I was ready to beat him in the face with the hammer I saw laying on my bench. As politely as I could I told him to get the fuck out and I gave him the parts. I started checking shit out. Rag over the SC hole was there, so was the one over the TB. But the one that was living over the IC hole was mysteriously gone. Looking into that hole with a mirror and flashlight I didnt see anything. Looks can be deceiving, we all know it. So I became a contortionist for the next 6 3/4 mintues laying across the side/front of my ski with my left arm stuffed into the intake. Guess what, rag was sucked into the rear-most intake runner. Pulled on it and it did have slight resistance on it. So I just eased it out as I felt it coming anyway. Thank god it came out in one piece!! So help me I would have murdered my friend. But I still might.

Moral: Do any of you think this mishap fucked my 0 hour motors head/valve?
    Let me kick his ass for ya Friends like that you sure dont need no enemies do ya
    Hope all works out for ya tho

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r View Post
    Let me kick his ass for ya Friends like that you sure dont need no enemies do ya
    Hope all works out for ya tho
    Ill keep my fingers crossed......... I still cant envision that thin ass rag doing anything bad. But hey, im no expert!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information