Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: carberator????

carberator????

well i just returned from the lake to run my two projects sl 750 1994 1 ran good the other started and idled fine fell on its face when you hit the throttle but if you pull the choke and push it back in it will run strong then after a couple of seconds it will fall on its face. i putt new fmf reeds i did a compression check 120 all three cylinders i am assuming it is lean i adjusted the low speed idle screws it did nothing. i know i saw on this site someone who rebuilt these carbs need name and contact
    thank scott

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
    well i just returned from the lake to run my two projects sl 750 1994 1 ran good the other started and idled fine fell on its face when you hit the throttle but if you pull the choke and push it back in it will run strong then after a couple of seconds it will fall on its face. i putt new fmf reeds i did a compression check 120 all three cylinders i am assuming it is lean i adjusted the low speed idle screws it did nothing. i know i saw on this site someone who rebuilt these carbs need name and contact
    thank scott
    watcon or john zigler rebuilds them

anyone can rebuild these ! no special tools ( disclaimer the popoff tester is easy to make)or knowledge ! the more you know about your carbs the better off you will be !

+1
    Try cleaning the internal fuel filters on the inside of the carby first.
    It's easy to do. There is a post by ph2ocraft but I can't find it. That helped me.
    If their blocked, the ski will run good at idle but when you gun it, it will die in the bum after it uses all the fuel in the carby itself.
    Try that first and if no luck then go with the rebuild maybe.
    Given the age of the ski there's maybe a lot of crap in the fuel system.
    Good luck.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    A common refurbish on these Fuji models is to replace all the fuel lines (including those inside the tank), clean/replace the fuel filters, and clean up/rebuild the carbs.

Running these 2-strokes with a weak or restricted fuel supply will damage the engine, even if it seems to be running OK. By the time you notice a problem, the piston can have a hole burned through it (lean burn causes excess piston heat).

If you have not done so already, search through these Polaris forums for the common problems the Fuji model has, and the recommended maintenance fixes.

If taken care of, these older models can be quite reliable. On the other hand, if you just ride them until they give you trouble, it will cost you more money, and more unexpected downtime.

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttlecraft View Post
    Try cleaning the internal fuel filters on the inside of the carby first.
    It's easy to do. There is a post by ph2ocraft but I can't find it. That helped me.
    If their blocked, the ski will run good at idle but when you gun it, it will die in the bum after it uses all the fuel in the carby itself.
    Try that first and if no luck then go with the rebuild maybe.
    Given the age of the ski there's maybe a lot of crap in the fuel system.
    Good luck.
    Try this one
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ht=fuel+filter

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Also upgrade to a triple outlet fuel pump. With the new reeds, you MAY need to rejet.

fixed the beast

Well today i removed thecarbs cleaned every thing set the low and high speed adj. to factory specs took it to the lake and ran preaty good will need too do some fine adj when it warms up thank you guys for your help
    thanks scott

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    What lake are you riding on??? Erie is still an ice cube right now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
    Well today i removed thecarbs cleaned every thing set the low and high speed adj. to factory specs took it to the lake and ran preaty good will need too do some fine adj when it warms up thank you guys for your help
    thanks scott
    Hey Scott,
    I'm just interested for future reference.
    Did you find much crap in the carbys at all? Or anything obvious?
    Or do you think it was the hi/lo screws?
    Dean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information