Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Groco stainer on RXT-X

Has anyone put the Groco stainer on a new X I would like to add one on mine before it hits the water but the 08 manuels are not out yet ( so I was told ) so if you have please let me know how you installed it

+1
    My P-X should be here in a week or two and I have the strainer ready to install first thing...I just peeked in an engine compartment of one yesterday for the first time at a boat show. The engine cowl was on and it looks to be a nightmare for putting something that big in there. But I'm going to also install the free flow exhaust and pull out the OPAS - so I don't know if that would free up any room.

+1
    yea it looks busy on the RXT-X also I am ordering one and will try to get it installed

+1
    Good luck guys, I have had my hose cluster off several times for different installs. I have had the graco strainer since i got the ski but have not mustered up the want to install it. Both water hoses to ic are in the back right hand part of ic so will not be any good place to mount the strainer without rerouting to entirely different spot in ski. there really is not a good spot where the existing hoses are to mount the strainer.

+1
    I wonder if the Riva IC relocator that is supposed to be coming out will make this a better time to install. I'd hate to do something now and then have to put it somewhere else....maybe I'll just avoid the dirty water areas and salt water for now.

DA-MAN
    maybe a crazy ques. but what does this strainer do exactly? I thought is was ok to ride in salt water,without adding anything?

+1
    Well the reason I'm opting not to ride in the salt water before I get the strainer installed is not because of the "salt" but because generally there's more debris like kelp, seaweed and all kinds of stuff. I'll try and post a pic of what someone else cleans out of their strainer from riding in the salt water...but I live in the Pacific Northwest where we don't have any spectrum of blue in our waters.

+1
    Blue 182 on this site wrote this, "Ive posted these pix before and seen similar pix from others. I thought it might be helpful to post them again though to show how useful the strainer can be, esp in salt. This was my first mod based solely on what I read in these forums and Ive been very happy with it. I got a chopped salad like this virtually every 1 or 2 rides. We do have a lot of seaweed, kelp etc out here which cant always be avoided esp launching or docking at certain marinas at slack tide."

He also posted these two pics in the thread:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/attachme...2&d=1202368745
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/attachme...3&d=1202368843

I personally don't feel comfortable having this stuff getting into my IC if I can avoid it...so that's why I'll wait to get the strainer on before doing salt water.

DA-MAN
    now that is crazy, i would feel the same way, when u do this do u think u can post pics on how i would like to install one also

+1
    I will post pics when I do this. I have quite a few things I'm going to be doing all at once - 78mudbugg, what ski do you have?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information