Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364

    96 XP not reaching full RPMS consitently

    Ok toward the end of last year when starting out cold, my XP would accelerate normally to about 25 mph(dream-o) and hang there unable to move faster. usally after letting the ski warm up a little and running the ski from idle to speed a few time the engine would break free and run like normal. I thought it might be a bad contact on the coil or a dirty RAVE, I cleared both of thos problems this week and tested the ski and it acted the same today. Any thought an what this could be?

    Bad coil? Plug wires? Water regulator on Water box?



  2. #2
    canadaxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    727
    Have you ever tried pulling the choke out a bit when it is doing it? Does it help it past that point it is stuck at?

  3. #3
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by canadaxp View Post
    Have you ever tried pulling the choke out a bit when it is doing it? Does it help it past that point it is stuck at?
    No I haven't. What would be the problem with the ski if ity needs that?

  4. #4
    Tool Bag water worx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sunny Fla
    Posts
    1,925
    +1
    66
    Its lean if you pull the choke & it takes off.

    Have you replaced fuel lines,pulled carbs & cleaned/rebuilt latley ???

  5. #5
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    Its lean if you pull the choke & it takes off.

    Have you replaced fuel lines,pulled carbs & cleaned/rebuilt latley ???
    10-4 did them last Summer.

  6. #6
    Tool Bag water worx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sunny Fla
    Posts
    1,925
    +1
    66
    OK then I would try replacing the plug wires,they are 11 years old.

    Go to a auto parts store & buy about 5 foot of plug wire solid core,I have some if you cant find it.

  7. #7
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    OK then I would try replacing the plug wires,they are 11 years old.

    Go to a auto parts store & buy about 5 foot of plug wire solid core,I have some if you cant find it.
    Thanks Dan.

    This is throwing me for a loop because its intermittent. The ski ran 54.2 once I coaxed it past 30

  8. #8
    canadaxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    727
    I had an 800 that was similar, thats why I asked about the choke thing.

    Mine would just kinda sit there like you are trying to do a burnout in a car that doesn't have the power to turn the tires. Know what I mean? But then once I pulled the choke out, it made it past that point and screamed.

    It was Dan who helped me figure out I was lean.

  9. #9
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by canadaxp View Post
    I had an 800 that was similar, thats why I asked about the choke thing.

    Mine would just kinda sit there like you are trying to do a burnout in a car that doesn't have the power to turn the tires. Know what I mean? But then once I pulled the choke out, it made it past that point and screamed.

    It was Dan who helped me figure out I was lean.

    With this I have to ask can you run an O2 meter on a two stroke?

  10. #10
    canadaxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    727
    O2 meter?

    DANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 96 slt 780 not reaching full rpms
    By jasonsmithftw in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 07:51 AM
  2. 1998 GP1200 not reaching full RPMs
    By Sydwayz in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 08:44 AM
  3. 1998 GP1200 not reaching full RPMs
    By Sydwayz in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2013, 09:03 PM
  4. 03 msx 140 not reaching full rpm??
    By REG-DOG in forum MSX/Matrix
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 08:24 AM
  5. Wet Plug 96 GSX - Not Reaching MAX RPMS
    By Seapoo in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 05:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •