2 degree wedge& WW AAT cone

Have any of ya guys ever did any serious back to back testing with this? Or what about the Wet Wolf AAT cone?

Sleepless: The 2.0 wedge will raise the nose of the ski and gives about 1 mph gain. However, it also gives the ski a little bit of a "floating" feeling. Many people, racers especially, dislike what it does for the handling. I run it and have no problem.

I have also run both the AAT and the Yellow brand tail cones. Neither helped me at all on top. It might have a better result on a more stock ski though. Be glad to sell you either or them. 1/2 price; $75 each!

Brendan

i'v tried the att cone, useless, o gain

Thanks for the replies already ordered both last night....

you will be good with the wedge. Let us know how the AAt goes. I hear you see gains at pre-stage 1.

Well the point of the aat is to adjust rpm's instead of bending the prop every other weekend. Lets say ya ski goes out and turns 8400-8460! YIPPIE you are all happy right? Then next weekend the heat or humidity goes up water temp or what ever then ya only 8280-8320.... WELL change a shuttle budda bing! Put it back where the RR ECU wants to be. Lets say ya out riding and it rains for a while cools off, Uhh rpms just went 8500+. Uhhh not ya either got ride with 1 finger under the throttle or pull over change a shuttle! I just wanted to know if any body else has used this way? Over the winter I want to get the rings done up on the exit nozzle I believe that will be alot better but for MB's I want my rpm's no lower than 8400... I dont want to pull the pump once I get to Morgan City so thats the only solution for me. I have seen a rxp have rpms down and change shuttle pick up 150rpms and gain 1.4 mph back on top. These testings were done with a pace ski{RXP} and 2 identical gps's. No subtitute for pace ski's ya really find out whats going on out there!

After stage 1 I've heard it doesn't work.
    Everyone has gone to venturi rings by skat.

Another cheaper alternative is to use a cone spacer (20 dollars). I have one but haven't had very good results with it.

I just keep my pitch geared for the heat.
    Some have a spare imepller with more pitch for the cold season and a impeller for the heat. Spare come can end handy too as a backup.

Thread Information