Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

F-15X Intercooler

Correct me if I'm wrong but the new 15-X should have a nice new intercooler in it, since I'm assuming they would have increased it's size for the bigger engine.

I'll be curious to see if these will be retrofitted to be able to fit an the older Aquatrax models. Has anyone seen one of these beasts in person yet?

+1
    Yes I have seen it. It really is not much bigger at all. The location is completly different however, It is in the back of the engine, under the third seat. There is ALOT of room around it for an intercooler that is three times the stock size. Assuming you could get it in an out of the ski.

Those engine access panels might help with this. I don't know if they'll work in this situation, but they should come in pretty handy...

When are we going to actually see the 15x in water!?

When hell has gotten cold enough to freeze that water over, by the looks of things...

Or May 1st, when they're rumored to be arriving in dealerships. I wish they'd get a darned review sample out there...

+1
    My boat is supposed to be here in May. The beggining or the end is un-known at this time. I am going to call my press fleet contact and see when his boats are going to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda Guy View Post
    My boat is supposed to be here in May. The beggining or the end is un-known at this time. I am going to call my press fleet contact and see when his boats are going to show up.
    I would think they *have* to get at least a review before these things come out. I was hearing May 1 for delivery, so they're running out of time.

Honda is just being ridiculous, as usual. I was thinking this morning that I was just going to cancel my deposit on the 15x and stick with the SHO.

Sorry - none of this has any bearing on the intercooler....

Just be patient and wait. If you do get an SHO you'll probably regret it once they are out. 30 more days won't kill you.

Hell, I won't even be able to ride mine here in MN for another 30 days. I just bought mine new 2 weeks ago.

Trevor
    F12X

why would he regret a sho? lol. Nobody even knows what the honda will ride like yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    why would he regret a sho? lol. Nobody even knows what the honda will ride like yet.
    Exactly. Almost everyone is saying that I would regret getting the Honda, which probably sounds more accurate. The Honda is tempting me, but it:
    -has a smaller motor
    -has no cruise control or no wake mode
    -costs ~$2K more
    -has an unknown hull design
    -is no doubt slower in accel and top speed. How much remains to be seen.
    - comes from a manufacturer that, while great in other areas, shows little signs that they care that much about the PWC market.

I *hope* that Honda really put a lot into this ski, and is looking for a comeback. However, other than the fact that they didn't bail on the PWC market entirely, there's not much evidence for that.

Look, I would love to get a Honda, because I love their cars, engines, and motorcycles. I would love for it to be worth it. I would love for a review to come out so I can actually make up my mind. But right now it seems nuts to even consider it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information