Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1

RXT-X rideplate & intake grate retrofit

I'm thinking about taking the dive and swapping a RXT-X rideplate and intake grate into my 06 RXT because i'm sick of the whole intake grate insert issue. The RXT-X grate looks like it bolts directly to the rideplate which is obviously a lot stronger. I'm just wondering if it's actually possible and since i don't know of anyone who's done it i don't know for sure if it's actually possible. The other thing i was wondering is if i can use the 06 pump shoe still. It's possible the X model shoe is the same with just no brass inserts. Any feedback is appreciated.

+1
    Did you or anyone ever do this? I have been on here for hours trying to find the information on what is required to do this on an RXT but have not seen anything.
    The unknowns to using the RXT-X/RXP-X rideplate:
    - What scoop grate is needed?
    - Will the stock pump shoe work?
    - Not sure what else........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05614.JPG 
Views:	321 
Size:	593.7 KB 
ID:	110970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05615.JPG 
Views:	239 
Size:	588.4 KB 
ID:	110971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05616.JPG 
Views:	280 
Size:	567.6 KB 
ID:	110972  

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Gus, I have been trying to help you find the answers but need someone to post pics of an '08 plate. I've got a couple of '04-'07 ride plate pictures and questions for the board on another thread... stay tuned.

+1
    Ok, cool. dhoad sent me a pic of the 08 plate he is selling. Looks like it is the answer to my problem, but before I buy it I still need to have the unknows answered, otherwise I would be wating my money on the plate.

Name:	IMG_1720[1].jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	110983  

+1
    Go to the online store and look at placement of the rxt-x grate front holes I can only speak for the 08 rxp plate it matched perfect to my 04 grate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    Go to the online store and look at placement of the rxt-x grate front holes I can only speak for the 08 rxp plate it matched perfect to my 04 grate.
    I did a test fit of an 08 speedfreek plate on 2005 RXP and the grate lined up perfect, however the inserts on the pump shoe will need trimming

+1
    I could be wrong.But from what i seen and have seen with the rideplates the 08 rideplate that Doug has is from the X-boats,Both P and T(Same part number)...It will fit any RXP with the intake grate mounting holes lining up to any RXP intake grate.. On an 08 non X boat the rideplate is similiar to the PREVIOUS years.NOW from what im getting is if you want to use an 08 X plate on an RXT (as long as the mounting bosses line up)you will need to grind down the old plastic inserts and then have to drill 2 new holes in the intake grate(similiar to mounting a girdle) to line up with the new plate design.IMO well worth the time doing seeing there is no other alternative for you RXT boys,that i know of.......

+1
    Ok, so it sounds like the ones with the RXT's can use the 08 plate, cut the pump shoe so the plate will fit, use the standard RXT intake grate, fill the holes that will no longer be needed, and drill the new hole locations.

Can't RXT's use the RXP intake grate since they are a direct fit to the plate or are they different sizes/lengths? I know on my old intake grate it had groves in it to fit into the pump shoe.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Ok, so it sounds like the ones with the RXT's can use the 08 plate, cut the pump shoe so the plate will fit, use the standard RXT intake grate, fill the holes that will no longer be needed, and drill the new hole locations.

Can't RXT's use the RXP intake grate since they are a direct fit to the plate or are they different sizes/lengths? I know on my old intake grate it had groves in it to fit into the pump shoe.
    No, the ones with RXT can not use the RXP intake grate to match the mounting holes, the mounting is different. The back mounting surface is longer on the RXT. Here is a compare from RXT (left) to an RXP (right) (thanks 05limited).

Name:	DSC05615.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	588.4 KB 
ID:	111046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00701.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	519.1 KB 
ID:	111047  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Ok, so it sounds like the ones with the RXT's can use the 08 plate, cut the pump shoe so the plate will fit,

From What I can see/tell,All you need to do is grind down flat were your inserts used to be..There may be some minor grinding for adjustments....

use the standard RXT intake grate, fill the holes that will no longer be needed, and drill the new hole locations.

Correct...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information