Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rxp-x break in

+1

Rxp-x break in

Hey guys, first time i took my rxp-x out i was a little worried as a full tank lasted me only about 2.5 hours and that was riding quite conservatively as i was breaking it in. However I have heard some people tell me that after the engine is fully broken in i will notice a fair difference in fuel consumption as the engine has loosened up. does this sound right?
    Also i am in a predicament, whilst reading on this forum most people suggest breaking the ski in quite hard, with burst of WOT, but i was told by my dealer this could void the warranty.
    I dont wanna break it in wrong and end up with a dud ski.
    thanks.

Short WOT bursts are the way to seat the rings in good. Dealers don't know ass from head. If you bought an X for fuel mileage, you bought the wrong ski.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    The manual says to break in the engine with varying throttle and not staying at one speed for more than 2-3 minutes. So when you ride for that first 10 let the engine warm up easy (idle for short while then let the continue to warm with varying amout of easy speeds) then give it some runs to WOT and cruise around. basically use it like you plan on using it with a bias toward running it at different speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    Short WOT bursts are the way to seat the rings in good. Dealers don't know ass from head. If you bought an X for fuel mileage, you bought the wrong ski.
    +1

+10

+1
    Short WOT bursts are the way to seat the rings in good. Dealers don't know ass from head.
    If you bought an X for fuel mileage, you bought the wrong ski.
    +1 GAS HOG!!!!!! Period!

Man so it seems like cruising for 10hours just varying the throttle for 10hours seems annoying..When i did the break in on my bike,i didnt have it wanting to slow down very quick when i left off...Im thinking go down the lake varying from 1/4 throttle to 3/4 a few times for about 30 mins..Then 1/2 speeds to WOT a few times then just ride like normal just not riding the crap out of it...

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hey guys, first time i took my rxp-x out i was a little worried as a full tank lasted me only about 2.5 hours and that was riding quite conservatively as i was breaking it in. However I have heard some people tell me that after the engine is fully broken in i will notice a fair difference in fuel consumption as the engine has loosened up. does this sound right?
    Also i am in a predicament, whilst reading on this forum most people suggest breaking the ski in quite hard, with burst of WOT, but i was told by my dealer this could void the warranty.
    I dont wanna break it in wrong and end up with a dud ski.
    thanks.
    CAUTION---you're dealer is correct, if you have a problem they can hook it up to the BUDS and void your warranty if you operated outside the break-in procedure as outlined in the manual. Follow the manual.

+1
    After riding my X for 5 hours I think it will take atleast 5 tanks of gas to get to 10 hours, most likely more!!!!!!!

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    We break em in hard here at Green Hulk and I have never heard of a warranty claim denied because of non manual break-in procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Son View Post
    CAUTION---you're dealer is correct, if you have a problem they can hook it up to the BUDS and void your warranty if you operated outside the break-in procedure as outlined in the manual. Follow the manual.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information