Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Want more speed

Want more speed

I need help. I dont know much about PWCs but i do want to make my ski faster. what is one of the first things I could do? I think the ski is completely stock. Its a wave venture 1100. The previous owner said either the engine was replaced or rebuilt i dont remember. Top speed right now is about 59 mph. I want to go faster, please help.

first go buy a garmin etrex gps(walmart,bass pro shops,academy) for $99 and get a baseline mph reading-do this before anything else otherwise you will not know how much you gain from each mod-the speedometer on your ski is worthless and innacurate-you are probably realistically only running around 53-54mph tops right now on a stock ski

So once i do that and find out my true top speed what would i want to do next that will give me some more power. I was looking at some exhaust systems but i didnt see to many for my model and year. what do you think about high performance impellers?

Usually to turn more impellor, you need more power. Maybe a bit more compression would help?

+1
    welcome to the forum

yes welcome to the the old school forum-after you establish baseline speed your first mod will be free-put 3 up to 5 washers in front 2 rideplate holes(closest to intake grate) this will raise the bow of ski up and with less wetted surface you will gain 1-2mph top speed-after that get your stock head milled to 150psi(premium pump gas) and add solas prop yd-sc-i 13/19-which will increase your bottom,mid and top speed-this will get you started

Quote Originally Posted by bond007 View Post
    So once i do that and find out my true top speed what would i want to do next that will give me some more power. I was looking at some exhaust systems but i didnt see to many for my model and year. what do you think about high performance impellers?
    they actually didnt make any aftermarket exhaust systems for the 1100 venture or raider as the stock exhaust from the factory has very good flow characteristics and without extensive hull modifications triple pipes for the 97-99 gp1200 non-powervalve will not fit-another option is to have your stock exhaust extrude honed but the cost/benefit is marginal

Thank you!! this forum looks awesome!!! Looks like a great place to learn more about my ski.

Thank you I will start with that once i find out my true speed. Another question, how can i check if my oil injection system is working. The previous owner said he didnt trust it so he always premixed. Can i trust the system if is is working properly?

Quote Originally Posted by bond007 View Post
    Thank you I will start with that once i find out my true speed. Another question, how can i check if my oil injection system is working. The previous owner said he didnt trust it so he always premixed. Can i trust the system if is is working properly?

so he pre-mixed with the pump still on? you should be able to take off the oil lines from the carbs, turn the crank by hand and oil will squirt from the lines..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information