Thread: Check This Out

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1

Check This Out

TODAY WAS A GROUND BREAKING DAY. I AM GOING TO DO MY BEST TO EXPLAIN BUT I HOPE SHIBBY CHIMES IN AND HELPS.

FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE HUGE THANKS TO SHIBBY FOR HIS TIME AND KNOWLEDGE.

FIZZLE FOR COMING FROM ALBANY DRIVING 4 1/2 HOURS FOR TESTING.

AND MATTY FOR HELPING OUT

SO HERE'S THE DEAL.EVERYTIME YOU SEE ME PUT UP A VIDEO IT'S NOT TO SAY OH LOOK AT MY SKI CHECK IT OUT. NOPE IT'S TO TEST A NEW PRODUCT. HEADERS MUFFLER , PUMP ADAPTER AND SO ON.

NOW DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY. WE HAD A VERY PRODUCTIVE DAY AND FROZE OUR BUT'S OFF. 45 DEGREE'S

FOR THE RECORD FIZZLE HAS A BORDERLINE STAGE 3 BOAT. 15/ 20R
    MY CONVERSION IS A MILD STAGE 2 WITH A 15/20R

THE CONVERSION HAS A RXP PUMP STAINLESS WEAR RING AND A 15/20R WITH 2MM BENT.I AM USING A 81MM VENTURI WITH A 85MM STEERING NOZZLE. THE ACCELERATION IS PRICELESS BUT STILL HAS A LITTLE CAVITATION.

THEN WE PUT IN A 15/19R STAGE 3 PROP AND HAD ZERO CAVITATION. I MEAN ZERO.THE ACCELERATION WASNT AS GOOD AS THE 4 BLADE BUT YOU DEFF NOTICED THE DIFFERENCE.IT'S AS IF THE 15/19 NEEDED A LITTLE MORE BOOST. BOTH PROP'S ARE PRETTY MUCH ON THE REV LIMITER.

SPEEDS.

THE 15/20R WITH A 2.5 DEGREE WEDGE , 81 MM VENTURI AND A 85 MM STEERING WENT 81.4 @ 8100. NOW WE NOTICED WITH NO WEDGES THE BOAT RAN JUST UNDER [email protected] 8100. WITH 1 2.5 DEGREE WEDGE IT WAS UP TO 81.5 THAT'S 4.5 MPH GAIN. SO THE NEXT TEST WILL BE WITH 2 2DEGREE WEDGES. WE ALL ESTIMATED BASED ON OUR TEST THAT IF WE GAINED 4.5 MPH WITH 1 WEDGE WE SHOULD DEFF SEE AT LEAST 2MORE MPH 2 2 DEGREE WEDGES. THAT BRINGS US TO 83.5 GIVE OR TAKE. THE 800 GRATE IS GOOD FOR 2 MPH THATS 85.5 ON A MILD STAGE 2 BOAT.

YOU CANT AMAGINE THE ACCELERATION WITH THIS SKI. IT WAS INCREDIBLE. IT'S A WIN WIN SITUATION. HERES THE VIDEO. ENJOY

+1
    You didn't get any vid. of my rooster tail

At about 2 mins 10 seconds and on is where you should watch closely. Like Shibby said, we took the 2 riva pump wedges out of my RXP. After that, the only difference between skis is I had the riva s3 charger and Jay had the rotax wheel. Disregard the run at 2 minutes into the video since I jumped the gun a little

Even with the video it still doesn't even come close to the effect of seeing it in person. Those who have hit their conversion boat from a dead stop will see the big difference. Normally I would have my RXP up to 75 while you're trying to feather your GPRXP onto a plane. Now the same boat with Jay's pump mod can pull my RXP after about 10 feet all the way up to top speed.

Simply amazing.
    Last edited by JFizzleJR; 03-30-2008 at 11:37 PM.

that was a really fun video to watch. that thing flew!

You said you removed the 2 wedges from the RXP right. So with no wedges in it had a better holeshot and stayed planted to the water instead of the bouncing. Correct me if im wrong but the RXP ran better without the wedges??

yes i think they said it ran better without the wedges pushing the nose up out of the hole and keeping it planted for better hookup.

+1
    no doubt about it. the ski stayed planted better with no wedges. keep in mind that it was the stock trim rod so trimming all the way down didn't do the trick with the wedges in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrojunkie View Post
    TODAY WAS A GROUND BREAKING DAY. I AM GOING TO DO MY BEST TO EXPLAIN BUT I HOPE SHIBBY CHIMES IN AND HELPS.

FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE HUGE THANKS TO SHIBBY FOR HIS TIME AND KNOWLEDGE.

FIZZLE FOR COMING FROM ALBANY DRIVING 4 1/2 HOURS FOR TESTING.

AND MATTY FOR HELPING OUT

SO HERE'S THE DEAL.EVERYTIME YOU SEE ME PUT UP A VIDEO IT'S NOT TO SAY OH LOOK AT MY SKI CHECK IT OUT. NOPE IT'S TO TEST A NEW PRODUCT. HEADERS MUFFLER , PUMP ADAPTER AND SO ON.

NOW DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY. WE HAD A VERY PRODUCTIVE DAY AND FROZE OUR BUT'S OFF. 45 DEGREE'S

FOR THE RECORD FIZZLE HAS A BORDERLINE STAGE 3 BOAT. 15/ 20R
    MY CONVERSION IS A MILD STAGE 2 WITH A 15/20R

THE CONVERSION HAS A RXP PUMP STAINLESS WEAR RING AND A 15/20R WITH 2MM BENT.I AM USING A 81MM VENTURI WITH A 85MM STEERING NOZZLE. THE ACCELERATION IS PRICELESS BUT STILL HAS A LITTLE CAVITATION.

THEN WE PUT IN A 15/19R STAGE 3 PROP AND HAD ZERO CAVITATION. I MEAN ZERO.THE ACCELERATION WASNT AS GOOD AS THE 4 BLADE BUT YOU DEFF NOTICED THE DIFFERENCE.IT'S AS IF THE 15/19 NEEDED A LITTLE MORE BOOST. BOTH PROP'S ARE PRETTY MUCH ON THE REV LIMITER.

SPEEDS.

THE 15/20R WITH A 2.5 DEGREE WEDGE , 81 MM VENTURI AND A 85 MM STEERING WENT 81.4 @ 8100. NOW WE NOTICED WITH NO WEDGES THE BOAT RAN JUST UNDER [email protected] 8100. WITH 1 2.5 DEGREE WEDGE IT WAS UP TO 81.5 THAT'S 4.5 MPH GAIN. SO THE NEXT TEST WILL BE WITH 2 2DEGREE WEDGES. WE ALL ESTIMATED BASED ON OUR TEST THAT IF WE GAINED 4.5 MPH WITH 1 WEDGE WE SHOULD DEFF SEE AT LEAST 2MORE MPH 2 2 DEGREE WEDGES. THAT BRINGS US TO 83.5 GIVE OR TAKE. THE 800 GRATE IS GOOD FOR 2 MPH THATS 85.5 ON A MILD STAGE 2 BOAT.

YOU CANT AMAGINE THE ACCELERATION WITH THIS SKI. IT WAS INCREDIBLE. IT'S A WIN WIN SITUATION. HERES THE VIDEO. ENJOY

Jason is the video of the GPRXP with headers and mid pipe?
    Just trying to figure out if the midpipe will be to loud.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    I am in awe of the hole-shot and raw sound! Wish my old boat could sound like that! nice job

Thread Information