Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: oil warning

+1

oil warning

Finally got out to ride my 06 rxt, that I just got back from a completed motor rebuild. About 5 min into the ride I made a sharp turn and I got a alarm and a warning that said OIL, it also gave a code but I dont remember what it was. The alarm would not shut off unless I shut the ski down. When I got home I checked the oil, and it was about 3/4 qt to much. Sucked out oil till it was at the middle of the stick. One of the times I got my ski backfrom my (former) dealer, it did not have enough oil and I got an alarm and I beleive it said oil pressure. Question... should I get an alarm for to much oil or is there maybe another problem?

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Question... should I get an alarm for to much oil or is there maybe another problem?
    Too much oil will slow you down a little, but I've never seen or read about that causing an alarm. The only way to be sure is to measure the oil pressure with a guage, then you'll know exactly what the oil pressure is. Was the engine rebuid due to failing ceramic clutches in the SC? If it was, were the oil pumps checked for damage?... Ron

+1
    Yes the motor was rebuilt due to the clutches failing. As far as oil pressure, and oil pumps being checked I hope the dealer did that when they rebuilt it. The ski is still under warranty, and if something is wrong with it (again) I will bring to another dealer, but I aint messing with it. If it is something minor such as adding or subtracting oil then ok.

+1
    I dont mean to sound blunt with my reply but I am very frustrated. I have owned sea-doos since 1993. I paid alot of money for this one and it has been nothing but trouble, to the point of switching to another brand, something I thought I would never even think about. ALL I WANT TO DO IS RIDE

Yes the motor was rebuilt due to the clutches failing. As far as oil pressure, and oil pumps being checked I hope the dealer did that when they rebuilt it. The ski is still under warranty, and if something is wrong with it (again) I will bring to another dealer, but I aint messing with it. If it is something minor such as adding or subtracting oil then ok.
    I would get to another dealer asap because it sounds like some of the ceremic bits got into one or both oil pumps and did some damage. If you do some searching on this site, you will see that when ceramic disks fail, the engine should be removed and cleaned out. Running low oil pressure will ruin the crank and rod bearings. On rare ocassions, the ceramic washers can lodge in the timing chain and cause that to fail which causes bent valves among other things. Where are you located? Maybe some of the members can recommend a dealer.... Ron

It defenitly sounds like you have a oil pump problem, the pumps are pitted and marked from the clutches going through the motor, you have a lack of oil pressure. Call the dealer that did the work, ask what was replaced or find another dealer, baybe your dealer will step up to the plate and make it right.

+1
    I am supposed to have a brand new short block, now I dont know what all is included with a personel watercraft short block, I only assume it would have a new oil pump. As for as dealers go I have already vowed never to set foot in TRIPLE L POWER SPORTS in Orange Texas again. I have been a customer there since 1993. I am currently weighting my options on where to bring the thing now.

I am supposed to have a brand new short block, now I dont know what all is included with a personel watercraft short block, I only assume it would have a new oil pump. As for as dealers go I have already vowed never to set foot in TRIPLE L POWER SPORTS in Orange Texas again. I have been a customer there since 1993. I am currently weighting my options on where to bring the thing now.
    I'm sure the Texas guys will chime in shortly... Ron

Unfortunately the dealer is not required by BRP to look at the oil pumps.
    BEEN THERE!
    Like WMF said, they are pitted. That ceramic stuff is very hard and ruins parts, so bad in my ski the cam chain broke, bending valves. A real pain in the a$$.

A new short block only includes the block, pistons, and crank. Are you sure they replaced the short block, that is unlike BRP, unless there was a total failure, BRP will only replace what is bad under warrenty, so if there was just one pistons and clyinder that was bad , that is all they will replace! I know. The front and rear oil pump's, rear PTO cover and oil cooler and clyinder head are not included and most likely reused, call your dealer and find out what was done. Good Luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information