Thread: slx780 mod

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

slx780 mod

i believe the 95-96 slx 780 was the only one that had this but others might as well.long pump setup.polaris was trying to compensate for the 5 vane wanting to steer slightly right at wot and flat water speeds,so they installed a twisted wedge and a tailcone spacer.when i had mine what i noticed was the bars were always cocked and the ski seemed to dog leg along.i replace these parts.the twisted wedge with a stock 4.removed the 3/4" tail cone spacer and replaced the water tube with a plastic stocker(must do)otherwise you break the nozzle.lost a solid mph in flat water,but the ski left harder,handled better in chop and all around performed better.i'd drop the mph ever time for the improvement it made in the ski.parts were like 20 a piece.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Only one year had the tail cone space the 95 (3/4 inch) and the 95 had the 4 blade progressive while the 96 had a three blade swirl. This also accounts for the different size jets in machines with identical engines. I'm not sure on the wedge far as I know they were both 4* I sold my 95 wedge that came with the pump I bought for my 750 because the 6* works best here in the smooth water. I got the 96 4* back on the SLX because I was experimenting at the end of the season. I'll be swapping that back to the 6* also so I'll have to measure that one and see if there is any twist to it. The 6 Vane stator helps the bottom end a bit too.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

wedge

my 96 had the spacer and twisted wedge,i believe the sl900 had it also,but not for sure.only difference was in absolute smooth water in chop the new setup would hand it its ass

Thread Information