Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2000-2002 GP1200R Question

How many hours is too much? After how many hours does the compression in the cylinders start to go bad and need to be rebuilt?

How much does a stock 2000 GP1200R go for? i've been having trouble finding a good fair price with reasonable hours.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by alias3r View Post
    How many hours is too much? After how many hours does the compression in the cylinders start to go bad and need to be rebuilt?

How much does a stock 2000 GP1200R go for? i've been having trouble finding a good fair price with reasonable hours.
    Well taken care of with good oil around 300 hours before a rebuild. Some have taken them much further. If its modded out pretty heavy its going to be much less.

Between $2500 and $3500 would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Well taken care of with good oil around 300 hours before a rebuild. Some have taken them much further. If its modded out pretty heavy its going to be much less.

Between $2500 and $3500 would be my guess.
    ya thats what i thought, but everyone's i see online that hasnt been modded is waay overpriced by some stingy person that tries to get like 1-3k extra out of it. (not on this forum, but on other online websites)

Moderated
    just wait for one to popup on here, they come up pretty regular at very fair prices.

if your lucky you will find one that has the pump tunnel done and plate + grate for a song.

and if its a GH ski theres a good chance it has been well looked after.

Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    just wait for one to popup on here, they come up pretty regular at very fair prices.

if your lucky you will find one that has the pump tunnel done and plate + grate for a song.

and if its a GH ski theres a good chance it has been well looked after.
    ya thats what i'm hopin for. i wouldnt know how to reinforce the pump tunnel so if it didnt have that i would probably have to pay for it to be done somewhere.

ya thats what i'm hopin for. i wouldnt know how to reinforce the pump tunnel so if it didnt have that i would probably have to pay for it to be done somewhere.
    It is easy to do. Just buy a kit, some sandpaper and go to town!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    It is easy to do. Just buy a kit, some sandpaper and go to town!
    i would be too afraid of not gettin the reinforcement thing tightened down securely on it. and plus, dont u have to remove a lot of the engine in order to get down there? i wouldnt know how to take it out or put it back in.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    dude I already talked to you about hours..

seriously lees ski is a good ski for you, and on the phone 3050coco ( jorge ) even told me he would be willing to help you do like the first thing stuff... d-plate waveater....etc.... the stuff that you do when you first get the ski. Plus I know lee would probably help you, and I know you could ride lees ski before you buy it.

i would be too afraid of not gettin the reinforcement thing tightened down securely on it. and plus, dont u have to remove a lot of the engine in order to get down there? i wouldnt know how to take it out or put it back in.
    All of us started out with either help from locals (which you have) or help from people on the boards (example - HallPass).

It is easy, it is just reading instructions and doing. Have to be "slow" to get it wrong. Lol

You have to take out the battery tray, and rear exhaust section. This is only a few nuts and bolts to get the tray out. Then some exhaust clamps in the back. If you wanted to at the same time you could add a free flow.
    Last edited by Chrisrokc; 03-31-2008 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    dude I already talked to you about hours..

seriously lees ski is a good ski for you, and on the phone 3050coco ( jorge ) even told me he would be willing to help you do like the first thing stuff... d-plate waveater....etc.... the stuff that you do when you first get the ski. Plus I know lee would probably help you, and I know you could ride lees ski before you buy it.
    i know, but still 159 hours seems like a lot. i dont want the compression to go bad in the cylinders or anything else to go wrong. if i get a ski i'll be taking it out several times a week, and will put major hours on it quick. when i go out with my friends we go out for several hours at a time and just chill all day exploring mangrove trails and stuff. i'm sure its a good ski, but i think i need something with some less hours. and also, u were the one that said dont go out and buy the first ski u look at lol. i just wanna see what my options are

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information