Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

honda cavitation

Hi wonderin if any of u guys could help i have two turbo 2 seater skis which cavitate really badly. I have had the pumps of both of them and they have no marks or dents at all. they are at there worst from take of at wot but seem okay when on plane and at speed. any help would be appreciated as we have no honda dealers for skis in Scotland and had these imported from Florida 2 months ago. cheers Stevie w

Have you checked the clearance between pump liner & impellor. Also check impellor for wear/dings/bent.

I changed the OEM impellor to a Solas at 2 hrs. Made a huge difference, in hook up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by patrat View Post
    Have you checked the clearance between pump liner & impellor. Also check impellor for wear/dings/bent.

I changed the OEM impellor to a Solas at 2 hrs. Made a huge difference, in hook up.
    I agree fully on the Solas impeller. The best price I found was at ParkerYamaha.com
    JR

I also agree on the impeller. In fact I got the Solas intake grate at the same time and both came from Parker. I lost a little on top end but it would damn sure get out of the hole quicker.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spatera View Post
    I also agree on the impeller. In fact I got the Solas intake grate at the same time and both came from Parker. I lost a little on top end but it would damn sure get out of the hole quicker.
    I also agree on the Solas grate for my F12x, I lost a little on top but it will stay hooked up until the hull completely leaves the water. I am suprised the closed course racers don't use them.
    JR

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thegasman34 View Post
    Hi wonderin if any of u guys could help i have two turbo 2 seater skis which cavitate really badly. I have had the pumps of both of them and they have no marks or dents at all. they are at there worst from take of at wot but seem okay when on plane and at speed. any help would be appreciated as we have no honda dealers for skis in Scotland and had these imported from Florida 2 months ago. cheers Stevie w
    If you, or someone else, removed the intake grate, perhaps it wasn't sealed properly.

thanks for the replies guys i have had a look at the gap beetween the wear ring and the impellor and it is about 3mm on both would you say this is too high i remember replacing the plastic wear ring on my seadoo and the impellor shaved the wear ring down on it making a really close fit. thanks again for all your help.

fitted new impeller solas 17/29 concord totally different ski now cured problem and hooks up so much better thanks for all your help guys

+1
    fitted new impeller solas 17/29 concord totally different ski now cured problem and hooks up so much better thanks for all your help guys
    Great, now enjoy your toy!
    JR

+1
    thanks for the replies guys i have had a look at the gap beetween the wear ring and the impellor and it is about 3mm on both would you say this is too high i remember replacing the plastic wear ring on my seadoo and the impellor shaved the wear ring down on it making a really close fit. thanks again for all your help.
    That's about .11", which is good!

Has the intake grate been removed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information