Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crap!

Crap!

Well I just put my intake grate on my ski...and guess what I snapped the head off of the very back smaller bolt (the one the looks like it went into the ride plate a bit...) Those are some pussy ass bolts...I barely even torqued it down and it poped off....all of the other ones I just snugged up and I put on about a helf a bottle of permatex black silicone on the thing...I also filled in the grooves around the plate with it and smoothed it out all nice like...

Hope it holds...I have the big bolt and then the 2 smaller bolts all snugged up with a bunch of blue loctite on em...I dont know how much actually made it to the hole because I had so much silicone so probably its mostly silicone mixed with a little loctite in thur....

Ya think she will hold?

By the way thanks Jerry for getting it here! The money order will be sent tommarow! Thanks!

hmmm?

Can you get at the rest of the bolt and spin it out with vice grips or something???

or you can use your mechanical genius and walk the broken bolt/stud out with a small punch or chisel, until you can grab a hold of it.
    Those rear bolts are tightened in inch pounds!!!...PR...

I cant get it out now man...I have about 3 tons of black silicone and 3 bolts with an ounce of blue loctite on each...

Do ya think she will hold with out that very back bolt?

OO and I didnt use a torque wrench I used a 1/4" drive...the one with the shorter handle just so I wouldnt do this type of thing...

Does the big front bolt go into the hull? Because when I took off my stock one there wasnt any black silicone there....

it looked as if they forgot to put it on there or something...So I made sure when I put my new one on I put half the bottle there....

Ours didn`t have any silly there either...but I put some there when installing the R&D grate!...PR...

I'd take it off and do it right... but that's me.

Too many posts of people flipping over the front of the ski when the grate comes off.

Can you not just drill it out ? a drill small enough to go down the center and not touch the outside thread.

Worst case. I'd drill it out and then epoxy another bolt into it. If you ever have to get the grate off your going to need the blow torch. 500+ for 10 minutes will break apart epoxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle

Worst case. I'd drill it out and then epoxy another bolt into it. .
    Huh???

AJ just take it apart while the silly is still not 100% cured, if you installed it within 24 hrs...
    you broke it you fix it, no easy way out, lightning mechanik ...PR...

Do ya think she will hold without that other bolt? I know a couple people are running like that....

I dont see how that cheap ass bolt would hold that damn thing on there in the first place....

But do you think it will hold?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information