Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

R&D 5 degree Pump Cone

Anyone tried the R&D 5 degree pump cone?

Not me, but it would be cool if someone did, so I like you, would know if its worth it. I spent way too much money on this thing already and haven't even gotten to ride it yet. If I get the boat running, then I might add one to see if it helps but that wouldn't be right away.
    Steve

+1
    I have found the R&D cones to work well on the Yamahas, so would really like to know how they go on the 250s. Can they actually be purchased yet?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fussy1 View Post
    I have found the R&D cones to work well on the Yamahas, so would really like to know how they go on the 250s. Can they actually be purchased yet?
    R&D has one listed on their site. I was also wondering if it would be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    R&D has one listed on their site. I was also wondering if it would be worth a try.
    Was talkin to the owner of Air Time Products last week at his workshop, and diff size/shape cones is how he tunes his pumps..... Showed me a few different cones, reckons that a longer more gently tapered one improves topend where as a shorter concave tapered one improves bottom end boost.....BTW this was on standups....
    What do ya rekon???

+1
    The R&D cone is supposed to correct an offset in the Kawi pump.

The R&D Kawasaki Ultra 250X/LX Anti-Cavitation Pump Cone Kit will reduce overall internal pump cavitation within the Kawasaki Ultra 250’s offset reduction/compression nozzle design. The O.E.M. Ultra 250 reduction/compression nozzle is offset 5 degrees, while the O.E.M. pump cone/bearing cap remains straight which causes uneven pressures within the pump and reduction nozzle. The R&D Anti-Cavitation Pump Cone is offset 5 degrees and reshaped to match the O.E.M. reduction nozzle offset promoting even pressures, which will substantially reduce cavitation, increase pump hook up, boost acceleration, and increase top speed performance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    The R&D cone is supposed to correct an offset in the Kawi pump.

The R&D Kawasaki Ultra 250X/LX Anti-Cavitation Pump Cone Kit will reduce overall internal pump cavitation within the Kawasaki Ultra 250’s offset reduction/compression nozzle design. The O.E.M. Ultra 250 reduction/compression nozzle is offset 5 degrees, while the O.E.M. pump cone/bearing cap remains straight which causes uneven pressures within the pump and reduction nozzle. The R&D Anti-Cavitation Pump Cone is offset 5 degrees and reshaped to match the O.E.M. reduction nozzle offset promoting even pressures, which will substantially reduce cavitation, increase pump hook up, boost acceleration, and increase top speed performance.
    Makes sense......anyone tried one yet.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by English Bob View Post
    Makes sense......anyone tried one yet.....
    Anyone out there (skips)

not to be a downer guys, but skip had addressed this in another thread, stating that he didn't have one to test yet, but would when he got it. anyone else, possibly someone working with r&d or at least someone that knows when it will be available. i'll get one and tell you guys how it is if i can get one. but thats not happening till after the insiders get it first.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NJRIVERRIDER View Post
    not to be a downer guys, but skip had addressed this in another thread, stating that he didn't have one to test yet, but would when he got it. anyone else, possibly someone working with r&d or at least someone that knows when it will be available. i'll get one and tell you guys how it is if i can get one. but thats not happening till after the insiders get it first.
    It's already listed on their website. I think it's even listed on Jerry's online store. ($91.87) It should be available now.
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 04-01-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information