Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

ever have something really mess with you.

i dont know why this is really messing with my head so much but its got me pretty messed up right now though.

i used to date this girl and for the last 3+ years we have been really good friends and she has dated guys and crap and it never bothered me really. it takes a lot to get to me most things dont phase me. when a family member passed away last year i just shook it off as something thats part of life.

well she told me she got engage last night and i was just pretty devastated. i knew we were never gona get back to gather so i dont know why it bothers me so much. at the same time like i feel like im old enough to not let stuff like this effect me. i know she told me just because she was excited and not to hurt me she doesn't do things like that. i pretty much just told her how happy i was for her and lied and said i had to go to work i would talk to her later.

the worst part is i didnt sleep at all last night and today and i have to go to work 4pm-2am tonight and i run heavy equipment. i dont know why im telling people on the forum i guess i just need to get it off my chest and i dont want my freinds or family to know

I can vouch for that ive been int he same boat. About 3 months ago the girl i dated for 4 years all through high school told me she got engaged.
    We still talk a lot even after we split we are still really close friends. But long story short it felt weird but i guess its just a part of life. I got over it and im sure you will too.

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    The way I see it is you have a couple of choices.... Either man up and tell her how you REALLY feel, or stay by the side lines and watch some other guy take the girl of your dreams. Sounds simple I know, BUT the mind cannot control what the heart wants.

Just my $.02 worth... I think a lot of us have been there. Good luck and God speed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged03 View Post
    The way I see it is you have a couple of choices.... Either man up and tell her how you REALLY feel, or stay by the side lines and watch some other guy take the girl of your dreams. Sounds simple I know, BUT the mind cannot control what the heart wants.

Just my $.02 worth... I think a lot of us have been there. Good luck and God speed.
    i told her how i felt and she said if she was single then maybe. but that she really loves this guy.

its more then her going off and getting married i mean this girl is like my best friend and she knows more about me then any one in my family. the biggest problem im having is how do i deal with it all how. i dont feel comfortable talking to a married women that i have feelings for.

its just weird yah i love the girl but im also losing my best friend to. ill get over it i just need time to figure out how im going to deal with it i guess. it just hitting me so hard im not used to it most thing dont bother or get to me and this has just hit me so hard.

Im guessing you are young, probable in your early 20s....
    You will have more and more feelings like that as you experience more relationships. Then youll get married but the feelings wont stop.... You cant have your cake and eat it too... Just keep your head up, you cant find a companion looking down...

sounds like its time to take a trip to the ol'

STRIP CLUB ...

put some titties in your face,,,, that always makes me feel better, even if im already happy

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    Been there and done that. My only advice is proceed with caution. You will find another friend and when you find the right one she will never had been your ex, she will be your soulmate. I thank God he finally sent me mine. Good luck my friend and hold on tight, it may be a bumpy ride for a while.

Trying having your wife of 27 years walk out on you and tell you she loves you, but she loves someone else more. Talk about not sleep or eat for a few days,,, I haven't had a good night's sleep in a month. You're young, things will pass when another one comes along. I have to do something I haven't had to do in 30 years. (date). I'm just glad my kids are over 21.

Give it a little time it will get better.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    sounds like its time to take a trip to the ol'

STRIP CLUB ...

put some titties in your face,,,, that always makes me feel better, even if im already happy
    Don't let your feelings make you think your not normal. For some reason us guys are just like that. Even IF we know we will NEVER be with a girl again...we like to know that they are still there..security? who knows. I can tell you I dumped my ex just recently and she called me OFF the hook and I came SO close to putting a restraining order on her as she was messing with my work etc. Just imagine how sick of her I must have been to think of that..

Now she found somebody and is talking about getting engaged and for some reason I secretly want her back...haha what is wrong with me? you and every other guy on this planet?

Hope that makes you realize it's not you...it's your third leg trying to overpower your bigger brain....idk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information