Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This PWC Any good??? Polaris SLT 700

Hey all, new here.

Ive ridden a jetski once in my life, was a Polaris 500 something I think, lol. Anyways, I have a chance to trade my snowmobile & two place trailer for a Polaris SLT700. From what I've seen from the book value, my sled & trailer are worth a bit more then this PWC, but I really wouldnt mind having one for the summer, so it kind of interests me.
    He says its a 1999 SLT700, but from what I've seen, 97 was the last year they made this model?
    Also, are there any problems with this model I should know about? And what questions should I ask prior to trading if I decide to? I already asked for engine shots, hull shots, and exterior shots, here they are.

aww yes , the last two digits in the hull id is the year in which it was made ,

unless your ski isnt that great id think its an even trade ,

1st thing i would like to do is run a compression test ,

2nd thing is fire it up ,

3rd thing is dont let that trailor go with it unless you dont want it ,

id imagine this craft will go 45-50 mph , if your a speed demon hold out for something with 3 clys , the 700 is a nice rental economy ski in that hull

if you think your ski isnt worth more than 1400 $ with the trailor go ahead ,

I just like screwing around in small areas, jumping waves, and messing around mainly, speed on the lake isnt my thing, gets boring quick.

Heres the link to my sled that I was selling.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forum...&#entry3753047

i look closer the side looks like its been repaired and where are the sponsons ?

700 motor is a good motor ,

What are Sponsons? I'll ask him if the hulls been repaired before also.

the fins on the side like these

maybe the 700 slt didnt come with them but iv seen so many with em i think they are standard

+1
    I have a SL 700 hull that didnt come with sponsons.

Is there any known problems with this engine or anything? Also, are there performance upgrades for the 700 twin??? I dont really care if it cant even hit 45mph, I like being able to accelerate quick, launch off waves. What would be the chances of cracking the hull from that btw? Slamming back into the water after getting air? Are their hull braces available if it can?

+1
    If i bought that ski, the first thing I would do is take the polaris off the trailer and carpet those boards on the trailer. The wood will scratch it up.

+1
    also the 700 was known for reliability, ask for hour's, what's the condition of the battery? condition of the trailer,do the tires need replacing?? Do the trailer lights work good?? These are just some of the smaller things that get forgoten sometimes. If you dont think it's a fair trade, work on the price, if you dont mind me asking, what's the location on the ski(i just saw the snow around it), if it's somewhere near central wi, I could go take a look at the ski and tell ya what i think..

what are somethings to look for on a snowmobile? I ask because I'm looking at a trade for a '96 yamaha 600
    Last edited by gorilla03; 04-01-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information