Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

R&D Breather Kit. Oil Still Rising LOTS!!!!!!

Hi guys, wen,t out the weekend to my local lake, and burned exactly one tank of fuel.....Great fun but when I checked my engine oil level it was nearly off the chart....

Now the ski has just been serviced.....and yet again another dealer over filling the ski.. Took approx one litre of oil out to get it to this level....Before I rode.....!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rising Oil 007.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	388.2 KB 
ID:	65343

Now knowing this was correct with the bullet level on the top of the engine, like so.....

Name:	Rising Oil.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	65345

I took the ski out, and as I said before done one tank of fuel around a one mile close course circuit, ridin as hard as she would go!!!!!! and it left my oil level at this.........

Name:	Rising Oil 006.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	348.1 KB 
ID:	65342

Took off the R&D separartor can tipped it into the bottle that had the previous ten hours worth of Petrol/Oil in it.(Shown upto the first faint red line) This pic shows that the previous ten hours worth was only HALF of what I got out of it after the next 3-4 hours..... (Shown upto the secound Red Line).

Name:	Rising Oil 009.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	65344

Now bearin in mind that the catch can was over half full, the oil level was nearly off the chart,..and I now have to change out all the oil in the motor after a service and only one ride.... If this is gonna be the case this is gonna be a very expensive ski to run, and I ain,t talkin about the fuel!!!

And all this after installin the R&D can, a service with new filter, fresh oil, and double checkin oil levels properly before ridin......

Any thoughts ....or fixes please I would like to know.....

Thanks in advance......

+1
    Hi English Bob. What type of oil are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by fussy1 View Post
    Hi English Bob. What type of oil are you running?
    Hate to sound dumb....but what ever the dealer put in it....I guess that is whatever ever Kawi told him to put in it!!!!... or at least I hope so..

+1
    Bob,
    Did the oil have a gas smell to it after the ride? Is this your first ride after installing the crank vent kit? Have you done the mod to the dipstick so it will read correctly?
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Bob,
    Did the oil have a gas smell to it after the ride? Is this your first ride after installing the crank vent kit? Have you done the mod to the dipstick so it will read correctly?
    Jimmy
    Oil smells like neat gas and is as thin as hell.......nope ridden it a few times with this kit, but unfortunatly the dealer emptied it when they had it in. So I couldn,t keep a tabs on the levels...Dipstick is stock, but I always remove the filler cap when dippin. Dunno if it make any diff or not...just habbit.....

+1
    When I had my breather pipe cleaned out at the dealers, they put running in oil in the ski. I did about 25 hours on it then went to Valvoline Racing 10-40 and have never had a oil prob since the day it came out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by fussy1 View Post
    When I had my breather pipe cleaned out at the dealers, they put running in oil in the ski. I did about 25 hours on it then went to Valvoline Racing 10-40 and have never had a oil prob since the day it came out of there.
    Did ya put in a ven,t kit, or runnin stock.....

was your crank case fitting cleaned of any silicone in it when the case vent kit was installed? How bad is the machine/casting flaw? Ever had a leakdown test done on the motor? How long did the ski sit after riding before checking oil?

Quote Originally Posted by halfassjack View Post
    was your crank case fitting cleaned of any silicone in it when the case vent kit was installed? How bad is the machine/casting flaw? Ever had a leakdown test done on the motor? How long did the ski sit after riding before checking oil?
    Yep the fittin was cleaned and the castin floor was very minor...No leakdown test has been done yet, if it don,t improve thats my next step...The ski sat for two days.....before I had chance to check the Oil level.....

+1
    Bob,
    I think your's is the first one were the R&D kit didn't work. Did you install the 2nd vent hose from the top of the vent box or did you use just one?
    How bad was the GIO problem before you installed the kit?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information