Thread: The Marines!

The Marines!

I am a college graduate and am just not your regular Joe. I don't see myself getting some corporate job and settling down just yet. I am a action junkie!!!

My question is for any ex marines or current marines...

What do you think about your experience as a marine? Good/Bad...why

I am sick of people trash talking the war and enjoying their F***** freedom at the same time. I realize our freedom comes at a cost and I am ready to fight for it......

Just need some thoughts first...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    I am a college graduate and am just not your regular Joe. I don't see myself getting some corporate job and settling down just yet. I am a action junkie!!!

My question is for any ex marines or current marines...

What do you think about your experience as a marine? Good/Bad...why

I am sick of people trash talking the war and enjoying their F***** freedom at the same time. I realize our freedom comes at a cost and I am ready to fight for it......

Just need some thoughts first...

Thanks
    Although I am not a Marine. My father in law was a drill instructor, my good friend was a marine and his son recently came back from iraq from injuries.
    I was all set to join the navy, when a really bad accident put the kybash on that, or I would have been in the armed forces.

Palerider

Thanks for your input. That is one of my fears...Injuries. I would rather come back fine or lose my life. I don't want to come back torn apart and barely alive....just something I will have to deal with I guess

Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    Thanks for your input. That is one of my fears...Injuries. I would rather come back fine or lose my life. I don't want to come back torn apart and barely alive....just something I will have to deal with I guess
    he had an explosive device go off under his humvee and banged up his elbow a bit. I`m not sure how many tours he did, but he`s back and ok, and I think he still on the active recall list...

If you go you have to be ready to sacrifice everything you have. Life and limb. I personally have not made that sacrifice and decided to join the armed forces but each of my great uncles was in WW2. All came back alive, and whole. One of them told me once when they decided to go instead of be drafted it was a life decision. He knew the Nazi were bad and he wanted to put everything on the line.

If you feel as such I would say go for it! I have had instructors that have been everything from Navy Seals or CIA officers that have fought in the invisible wars to Marine grunts on the front lines of major conflicts such as Vietnam or conflicts in the middle east. From what I could tell the experience they got out of their service paid off ten fold in their life after.

Good luck!

Thread Information