Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    How to remove the cylinder

    Im trying to remove the cylinder but two of them r stuck with the crankcase, i tried to put some oil but no sucess, it maybe because of the gasket sealer or the carbon residu around the pistons, do anyone know how can i removed them ??
    thanks


  2. #2
    WATER WOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minden, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    10,664
    +1
    11
    Welcome to the forum.Please tell us what kind of ski.

  3. #3
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,587
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Welcome to the forum.Please tell us what kind of ski.

    +1

    If there is nothing connecting to the sides of the cylinders, and you have the bolts out of the cylinder they should just wiggle out. When I had nothing connected to mine.. no exhaust manifold, cylinder bolts off..etc.

    they were kind of hard, but I wiggle and pulled and got'em off

  4. #4
    There is no VooDoo like BadVooDoo NeVerMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Hammond, IN
    Posts
    413
    Is the engine in or out of the ski? Is the exhaust manafold off? The only thing that holds the cyls together is the head, exhaust manafold and 4 bolts (per cyl, that hold it to the crankcase)

  5. #5
    the engine is out of the ski, i remove the exhaust manifold and 1 cylinder, but the other r stuck, i noticed that there is rust on the crankshaf and bit around, i sprayed some WD40 but they dont move.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAGE_073.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	266.9 KB 
ID:	65492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAGE_074.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	301.9 KB 
ID:	65493  

  6. #6
    WE DONT DIAL 911 RDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LAKE TRAVIS
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by raptoramine View Post
    the engine is out of the ski, i remove the exhaust manifold and 1 cylinder, but the other r stuck, i noticed that there is rust on the crankshaf and bit around, i sprayed some WD40 but they dont move.

    theres dowel pins on the jugs, they tend to stick in the hole pretty good.. try lowering the piston to the bottom of its rotation then try to wiggle the jug off...

    also unhook your PV coupler so if they do come off you dont lose a piece in the case

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    theres dowel pins on the jugs, they tend to stick in the hole pretty good.. try lowering the piston to the bottom of its rotation then try to wiggle the jug off...

    also unhook your PV coupler so if they do come off you dont lose a piece in the case
    there is some rust on the crankshaft so its difficult to move it, should i try to move it from the flywheel or type the piston with a hammer ??
    thanks

  8. #8
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    Tap the cylinder on either side (Exhaust and Intake) with a plastic dead blow hammer or large rubber mallet they will come right off. Disconnect the power valve linkage first.

  9. #9
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    Tap the cylinder on either side (Exhaust and Intake) with a plastic dead blow hammer or large rubber mallet they will come right off. Disconnect the power valve linkage first.
    +1

    BFH

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. how to remove the head?
    By seadoor in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-03-2016, 11:04 AM
  2. How to take the cylinder off a 1997 polaris sltx 1050
    By grifter in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 11:34 PM
  3. how to remove the wear ring??
    By ryan*9 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 09:31 AM
  4. How to Remove the Throttle Body
    By johnD in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 11:39 AM
  5. How-To: Removing the engine cowling.
    By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 10:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •