Thread: 2007 RXP

+1

2007 RXP

Just wanting some input before i buy a new battery. Had it trickle charge....stress tested and it comes back all good. Check fuses....all good. Hook battery up i get no beep(s)...my gauges come up but then slowly fade away. I get no clicks, no nothing when i hit the start button. My conculsion is that i need a new battery and my charger/tester are shot. Any input would be sweet!!

cheers

K

+1
    Jump it with a car battery and see if it still doesn't work.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    hmmm......kinda worried about frying something out......i heard thats not such a good thing to do....

+1
    Not sure what the concern is. . . 12 volts is 12 volts. My buddy has an RXP with a dead battery that we've brought to the river twice so far. He's too lazy to buy a new battery, so he drops a car battery in next to the stock battery and jumps it every time he needs to start it.

+1
    I ran an OPTIMA car battery w/ 980 cca'a in my ski for a month, no issues. There is, however, a fuse for the charging system that can blow when using a "jump-box".....I have often thought about killer high-powered tunes in a ski using 1 of these Optima's. It fit's using the stock hold down by deleting the tray and 2 plastic spacers

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    The key to doing this is to jump it while the the engine is off. Too much voltage from the "jumping" car and it can fry the Sea Doo electronics.

What I would try, is to monitor the Sea Doo battery with a VOM while you try to start it. With the lanyard on, you should see +12.5 VDC on the battery terminals. While cranking, it shouldn't go down below +8.0 VDC. If and when it starts, you should see +13.5 - +14.5 VDC as it's being charged. That's what I see with an Odyssesy battery... Ron

No..You dont want to jump off a jetski with a car.Its like the same thing with a atv or motorcycle.Its not the voltage thats a concern.As stated above you may fry the electronics.The concern is the amperage.Cars run off of a 8-12 amp system and the jetski runs off a 2amp system.If you have been running a trickle charger on your battery,then the battery has gone bad or something else is wrong.If the charger is saying charged then the battery shouldnt be the problem...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hi im drummer03 View Post
    No..You dont want to jump off a jetski with a car.Its like the same thing with a atv or motorcycle.Its not the voltage thats a concern.As stated above you may fry the electronics.The concern is the amperage.Cars run off of a 8-12 amp system and the jetski runs off a 2amp system...
    I = V/R

The voltage of a car battery is the same as a jet ski battery. The amps are determined by the load, or resistance, of the system. If the jet ski has a higher system resistance, then the amps will be lower regardless of the size of the battery supplying 12 volts.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    take it out and take it to a battery shop and get it tested then you know and if its no good get another, although it would need to be seriously dead to do what you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    It fit's using the stock hold down by deleting the tray and 2 plastic spacers
    Can I bakspace instead?

LOL just byb

Thread Information