Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OO yeah....Hopefully its not too bad!

Well on one of my rides...I spun out...and hit a wave and I guess my intake injested some water because when I went to hit the throttle it bogged down....I rode it easy just keeping it on plane at about 3500-4000 rpms for a couple mins and then went WOT and she ran FINE...just like she ran prior to sucking up a little bit of water in my intake.... am I good to go? or what...?

All I have to say is no more spin outs when its wavey because to tell ya the truth it kind of scared the hell out of me...not the spin out but hearing my engine bog down...

I've tried to tell yall with the front seat intakes....
    I switched to the rear and I'm having fun submarining and jumping large waves. not a drop and I can tell because I'd have water in the bucket.

I'd put another pre-filter on your tube connection so there is a gap between the pre-ftilers then put a tiny hole right before the 2nd pre-filter for the water to drip out of.

I was going to use the air valves on the stock air box and rig it up but went to the rear.

p=prefilter _ = intake tube h=hole (or stock air valve from stock air box)

(front seat intake) p______hP_____SC

I am keeping ym intake Bro...just wanted to know if I am ok....It only happend once,a nd I rode it for about 30 minutes after and she ran fine...tons of WOT and lots of idle to 67.6mph runs...LOL...

am I ok?

I did a spin out and my ski would bog to about 3000-4000 rpms for about 2-3 minutes and then run fine.

After the 2nd time it did this I switched to rear.

Too much water goes over the seat when you spin out. I even tried to make a skirt AND also put filters into the side seat vents that blow the air into the seats.

only way to do it is spin out and then let off the throttle. But that's no fun not getting to barrel through the water.

now my only problem is getting the water out of the front bucket but I think I have that fixed. I had about a gallon lol so I know for sure the rear intake works.

I constantly get the question, what is in that thing, it sounds like a train whistling. Then I say it has a super charger and they go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seat_intake_743.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	3998  

OK so I shouldnt worry?

I don't know I only did it twice. I wouldn't think because I'm sure the water eventually turns to steam and leaves but I'm sure it can't be good.

I hated babying my doo because of the intake. When I get my SC almost bulletproofed I'm really going to have some fun.

I know what you mean about slipping a wake. I kind of like it though. I always wondered if I could hit one hard and slip it then have it rotate like 360 in the air. Or at least 270 then WOT out of it.

I won't slip a wake unless I'm going slow though. Doing it at like 10-15 mph I can feel it in my knees.

Hope those skegs don't toss me doing it

Well I usually ride in straight aways so I dont spin out too often....rarely to be exact....soooo....just as long as I dont have to worry about water in my oil.....I guess I am fine...

Just watch your catch can. If you have water you should see it in there, maybe. You could always do the water injestion thing with the oil. Pinching off the line on the trailer thing.... in techincal section somewhere.

yeah may do that but I dont know how water could get from your intnake to the oil tho?

just curious but would this help solve hydrolock problems for the intake. I had it on a cold air intake years ago on one of my cars if water gets sucked in it bypasses through the valve.
    http://performance.gearheadracingpar...r=2004&br=true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information