Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Keeping The Nose Down On The Rxt????

Hey guys, Since recently upgrading my RXT, I've really enjoyed the increase in boost and acceleration. I am running a 2.5 degree wedge and using a 14/19r (rest of mods in signature) My issue is now from a dead stop, there is no way for me to launch WOT w/o coming out of the water and getting unhooked, regardless of how much I lean over the handle bars or situate my weight towards the front of the ski. I could probably sit on the hood and it would still happen. It was also doing this w/o the wedge, but its even more pronounced now, so eliminating it completely or going to a 2 degree isn't the answer. Plus I really enjoy riding with the wedge on. I thought it was cool that it would come completely out of the water like that, and it is when just messing around, but now I am seeing that I am at a disadvantage when drag racing equally modded bikes. We launch, I get unhooked and they're gone....I'm spending the whole race cathching up and hoping that I have the legs to catch and pass them. Gotta get the 60ft times down. The only solution I have found so far is to feather the throttle and roll into WOT. But that can't be the answer. When stock, I could just punch it and it was GONE!

Any suggestions to solve this issue? I'm thinking a bigger prop like the 15/20R. Thanks in advance for the help.

Mine does the same thing...

Removing the wedge wont work, you'll scrub top end (for me: alot)

Ours just wern't made for slow start drags, the only fix I can think of might be adding VTS.

If you find the trick though, let me know.

JP

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep looking for an answer, or maybe just do rolling starts. LOL! Gonna try the bigger prop to see if it helps. I believe I have the juice to spin it. We'll see. Getting 8180-8200 with spikes to the limiter when coming unhooked with the 3" Riva Intake right now. I have the Kana Flex sitting in the garage begging to be installed. From what I hear that should be good for more RRR's. I wish we could just purchase a 4" rear intake and be done with it. Man the hunt for more speed is ADDICTING.

Anybody else besides me and JP have this issue, or had it? Suggestions on a fix?

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Here we go again (inside joke... take no offense)

Try this... turn the bushing in the pic 180 degrees. You will maintain the benefits of "wedging" the reduction nozzle, yet reap the hook-up advantages of having the steering nozzle "inline" with the water output of the reduction nozzle. It works... I promise
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00167.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	567.4 KB 
ID:	65453  

no offense taken on the inside joke?

I will try that. At work right now, so I am having a hard time picturing where that bushing is. I can see that its above the ride plate. Is that the bolt that connects the bottom of the OPAS to the nozzle? Thanks for the help!

Have you tried this also JP?

I remember seeing this awhile back...

I thought I did, but I'll have to check...

JP

Pinoy and JP, You guys should try to install a VTS system. there's a lot out here who are selling it. it's doable in your ski. O5 Limited has some good points too, He's good!

I had the same problem with my rxt. I installed a rxp venturi and a xpl steering nozzle with the trim system from a 3d easy to adjust up and down when you want to.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by 05Limited View Post
    Here we go again (inside joke... take no offense)

Try this... turn the bushing in the pic 180 degrees. You will maintain the benefits of "wedging" the reduction nozzle, yet reap the hook-up advantages of having the steering nozzle "inline" with the water output of the reduction nozzle. It works... I promise

can u shed some more light on this one please not sure where that is located.

Johnnyrxt - great speed with your listed mods. Do you have a pic on how you did your rear intake...I'm looking to go to 4" myself.

"07 RXT yellow and black 72.7 MPH @8120 rpms
    metal washers, and removed the stock rubber hoses for new alum hoses. Free flow exhaust and 4'' rear intake, Filled rideplate holes, OPAS block off kit. Rev. bucket mod. 14/19r solas with cone."

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information