Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

NorCal/SoCal challenge is Aug. 2-3

According to Jim's website. That is fine with me. I wouldn't be ready, absolutely do not want to dissapoint my friends and riders, and hate to use excuses.

http://www.diablojsa.com/id2.html

Norcal / Socal Challenge -
    There will be a first annual norcal/socal challenge this year, but it will not be run on April 20 as previously discussed. I will have to run it somewhere in the middle of our 15 race point series, but if we obtain the venue I think we are - it will be well worth the wait!

I'm not ready either. But I will be! We will see how it plays out. Maybe some of us can pick a date from his series, and show up! Surprise them guys...Whatcha think??

+1
    I don't think he'll mind at all. Sounds like a really great crowd.

+1
    It is only 1 hour and 45 minutes away from me. I know I will show up depending on the date. Even if I do not have anything up and running. I can't talk for Al.
    Last edited by 800AMSOIL4U; 04-03-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Yep. I met a few of the guys at WF's. One even let Pirate and I crash at his rented pad! My dred is how far it is. But you live farther, so I'll stop b!tching about it. Lemme hit up Pirate, and some of the other guys and see if we can nail down a date to go up. THis will be a different date fromt he No/SO Cal challenge.

From http://www.diablojsa.com/id2.html

Friday afternoon will include a welcome bbq dinner, and a racer/ski display at Home Depot where the public will have an opportunity to meet the racers they will be cheering on over the next 2 days... If we get really bored we might even set up a cone course and have a few north verses south 6 wheel cart races in the parking lot...

Saturday will be all about enduro racing on 75 miles on the waters of the Carquinez Strait, and San Pablo Bay.

Sunday will host closed course buoy racing - and if all goes well it will take place at a location in front of thousands of spectators... Team ski clinic will also be onhand for what could be predicted as being one of their best freestyle exhibitions ever,,,(hmmm,can you say "vee wake jumping")

Time permitting and based on rider interest, we may even add the first ever DJSA freestyle competition to incorporate into the battle of the north and south.

Now where will all this take place where there will be thousands of spectators?
    Hint - think whales, dolphins, exotic birds, tigers, and very cool roller coasters, and you'll be thinking on the right track!

Following closed course racing on sunday, points will be added up from the enduro and buoy racing events, and the 5 ft Norcal/Socal Challenge Trophy will be presented to the winning region to hold onto for one year until next year when we travel down south to do it all over again.

Stand by to stand by - details will be out soon.

+1
    How about here.
    Sun
    Course Racing at Six Flags Vallejo
    Freestyle exhibition by Team Ski Clinic of Antioch

Dates and details coming soon....

+1
    I like this part...

the DJSA corner rule...
    *Lead ski into a turn has the right of way
    *A one ski length safe zone will be observed in the corners at all times

*Passing in the corners is allowed only if the safe zone is not infringed upon.

*Reckless or negligent operation will make it a short day for you...
    *Some people say "rubbing is racing". We say "rubbing is dangerous" unless you're into stock car racing... All this season each of you have ridden like pros, and I wouldn't expect anything different next season.

Mark...
    I think Pirate and I will go up north on April 25th, and race on the 26th. I'll know more next week. This will be the start of their series, season opener...Its not the nor./So cal challenge though.

+1
    I am planning on going just to watch the races. Six Flags + Jetski racing... you cant go wrong

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information