+1

Talking Trip to Punta was great!!

Back from vacation, some 200+ emails to read

My first time visiting Punta Cana in the Dominican and I want to share my experience in brief.

First off, it was an all inclusive and we ate and drank heavily. I am now needing rehab LoL
    Also, I put on a couple pounds ??? Dangit......

We stayed at the Barcelo resort and I would give it a 4.5 star rating. 7 restaurants, entertainment and much more. Food was very good and the hospitality was just fantastic. People were very friendly and pleasant to deal and be with.

I read up on it before going and there was all kinds of warnings about malaria, and my lady took the pills and I opted for repellent. To my surprise, the only mosquito I saw was when we first checked into our room and it was flippin' across the wall. I broke a couple lamps and a chair against the wall trying to save us though it got away
    O.k. though, it was in the shower the morning after and I made a good mess with it. LoL
    That was the only one throughout our time there, however always good to be prudent.

The natives off the resort yet still on the beach selling their warez were friendly and aggressive for da money. I found out that I have 37 brothers and 4 sisters that I had never met before, and met a guy named Peter with 4 cousins named Peter.
    I think the random appearance of security with a double barreled shot gun keeps things in order and secures the industry well

The resort had good ice cubes but the water wasn't a consumable.

The climate:
    Balmy, beautiful, warm and very hot when the sun came out from behind the clouds at late morning till dusk. The plants were very healthy, so I got me a whole bunch of hi rez texture maps for mural art reference.
    It was somewhat windy most of the time and throughout the night. (comfortable)
    Ocean was very choppy and I took some video of the big waves when we went fishing. It was exactly what some riders would like to be in most of the time as I could have lost my van in them. Our navigator almost tipped the boat on it's side when cutting across a big one. People on the fishing boat got thrown from their seats and off to one side. Was scary for a moment.

Now...it was so choppy that everyone on board puked, and yes, even me after a couple hours and a big huge breakfast
    Now lets see, I think it was 7 in total. LoL
    Though I was the last one and jet skiing never did that to me So the four hour excursion turned into a 2.5 hr as we all elected to head back just a little bit earlier than expected (and before somebody died)

I was first in the seat early that morning and had one on, so I feel it was worth it regardless.

Not a single jet ski to be found, and I looked hard. Everything but.
    Seems they have been banned long ago yet some resorts still list them as activities on the net. I heard from the natives that there were many injuries and even deaths, so was the cause for the banning.
    I can see that tourists getting all hammered up and jumping on a ski for the first time in huge waves could be something to write home about

We landed in Toronto Canada and stayed overnight before the second leg of the trip home to Vancouver.
    What can I say about Toronto
    It was cold, dirty, noisy, raining and major overcast and the first thing that came to mind was throwing myself under a passing car. The only thing stopping me was getting back here to see the dog

Any ways, if anyone is going in that direction and can't find a buddy to go with, call me, I'm in BIG TIME!

END OF STORY

P.S.
    I took some extra photos in hopes of writing the trip off as promo.
    And I was approached by the mayor wanting to know if I was the one responsible for the 700 and something stickers plastered all around the island. I looked him straight in the eye without flinching and said "Why not at all, whatever do you mean?"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	65603   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	65604   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	65605   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	65606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	65607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	65608  

Last edited by SideFX; 04-03-2008 at 02:50 AM.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome back!!! Is that you with the fish? Did you catch it?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Pete!!!!!
    Free the mahi mahi!!!!!

+1
    Yes, and I think it is called a Derado?? (not certain of spelling)
    Was a good fight in the big waters and wish I could had done more. Chickypooo shot some video and haven't seen it yet.
    Sadly, it was a beautiful color when it was alive. Very metalic like and colorful.
    It went dark thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Welcome back!!! Is that you with the fish? Did you catch it?

Yay! I`m realy glad that you had a great time Peter!
    Some of my work buddies go there for vacay!

+1
    Hi Andy, it's a paradise there. Glad to be home, but really miss the weather. It just feels right inside and out, head to toe. It rains too much here and the sun is sparse .(
    Thinking of trying Turks and Caicos next time. The Canadian government was negotiating some years back of merging with them into a province and supporting the island with benefits, but somebody dropped the ball during the NAFTA crap. (I would make the move if it came about)

Now lets RIDE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Yay! I`m realy glad that you had a great time Peter!
    Some of my work buddies go there for vacay!

spelling

Quote Originally Posted by SideFX View Post
    Yes, and I think it is called a Derado?? (not certain of spelling)
    Was a good fight in the big waters and wish I could had done more. Chickypooo shot some video and haven't seen it yet.
    Sadly, it was a beautiful color when it was alive. Very metalic like and colorful.
    It went dark thereafter.
    Dorado!

Sosua beach, Dominican Republic...... Thats the place !!!!!!
    The fishing is Great!!!!

I have been there a couple times and loved it. Glad you had fun.

Thread Information