Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I'm a little annoyed

Was out on my new ski last night with my friend who was on his RXP 215, no mods... Now my RXPX has just turned two hours... so opened it up a little last night for the first time.

I am dissapointed with the performance of my RXPX it does not feel any faster than my old RXP???? Would anyone agree? Although i was being careful i raced the rxp from a standing start and there was no real difference?! Should i see a difference?

Maybe the RXPX is not running right? Seems a little rattly at low speeds? Starting to think i should have kept my 215hp RXP?!

I appreciate anyones comments.... as you can imagine i'm a little annoyed at the mo after spending £10,999.00 on a new ski that is meant to be so fast...?!

TJ

im wrapped with the hookup and i DO walk away from rxp215. the acceleration is awesome. i saw an increase in performance up to bout 23 hours. its probably just still tight. what rpm are you getting???

Think i was pulling nearly 8000rpm. Ran in only 3/4 throttle for the first few hours. Am i doing the right think now to Strech the engine?

i was on the throttle on and off the whole time. so like shotting a gun with your finger non stop for the first 5 hours. just give it time to loosen up. after 5 hours my mechanic told me i can give it short bursts of full throttle. give the engine as much load as you can. even ride with two people.

Banned User

10 hr break in

Should open up after break in, I've been told that the computer holds it back alittle during break in

Alex

fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1
    yes, Ive also heard the computer richens up the AF and limits RPM till the 10 hr mark is reached.. my buddy just bought the RXP-X 2 weeks ago and said the same thing.. it was a dog till break in then it came alive after the 10 hr mark...

I wouldn't panic till you get above 10 hours, then if you still can't smoke a rxp id get worried..

well

I got a buddy with an RXT-X, he knew it was fast but he really noticed a diff after 10 hours, after a cetain time the computer stops changing timming and you should notice it..

Quote Originally Posted by TorquayTom View Post
    Was out on my new ski last night with my friend who was on his RXP 215, no mods... Now my RXPX has just turned two hours... so opened it up a little last night for the first time.

I am dissapointed with the performance of my RXPX it does not feel any faster than my old RXP???? Would anyone agree? Although i was being careful i raced the rxp from a standing start and there was no real difference?! Should i see a difference?

Maybe the RXPX is not running right? Seems a little rattly at low speeds? Starting to think i should have kept my 215hp RXP?!

I appreciate anyones comments.... as you can imagine i'm a little annoyed at the mo after spending £10,999.00 on a new ski that is meant to be so fast...?!

TJ

+1
    Where are you located? Here in Texas if caught riding at night on a PWC its heavy fine time.

+1
    Do not panic.

I have a stock 07 Rxp that just hit 66 hrs and last weekend it was turning 8200 rpms up from 8180 at 60 hrs.

+1
    I also wonder what the compression may be before then after break-in.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Should open up after break in, I've been told that the computer holds it back alittle during break in

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information