Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    gotpurp305's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    102

    Angry when will it end?

    so after a bunch of problems on my rxp after it almost sank, i have it running pretty good EXCEPT:

    it idles at 2400
    it thinks it has a depth gauge
    it doesn't recognize VTS (it's not even on the display, and it doesn't move at all)

    any ideas on what to check ?


  2. #2
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpurp305 View Post
    so after a bunch of problems on my rxp after it almost sank, i have it running pretty good EXCEPT:

    it idles at 2400
    it thinks it has a depth gauge
    it doesn't recognize VTS (it's not even on the display, and it doesn't move at all)

    any ideas on what to check ?
    Step one shoot your dealer.

    Step two get replacement dealer to use BUDS to inform you ski that a. its doesn't have a depth finder and b. it does have VTS

  3. #3
    gotpurp305's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    102
    im trying to avoid the dealer as much as possible, but yeah that's what i'm probably going to end up doing if i don't find something here

  4. #4
    1BAD07RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay, South River, Edgewater, MD
    Posts
    105
    you have to go back to the dealer and get them to reset the buds system. I think your RXP thinks its a RXT

  5. #5
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD07RXP View Post
    you have to go back to the dealer and get them to reset the buds system. I think your RXP thinks its a RXT
    Or it thinks its a GTXL

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpurp305 View Post
    im trying to avoid the dealer as much as possible, but yeah that's what i'm probably going to end up doing if i don't find something here
    Your'e not going to find anything here. Like the guys said...you need the Bud system = Sea Doo dealer. start making friends with the dealers around your area. right now to fix your problem will run you around $100.00 to $150.00 or + or maybe less. YOU are at their mercy! good luck

  7. #7
    King_Of_Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Catawba Island, Ohio
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Your'e not going to find anything here. Like the guys said...you need the Bud system = Sea Doo dealer. start making friends with the dealers around your area. right now to fix your problem will run you around $100.00 to $150.00 or + or maybe less. YOU are at their mercy! good luck
    Give PPG a call; they're in Dania Beach. They helped me out with some warranty work where the local dealer couldn't... Ron

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    Give PPG a call; they're in Dania Beach. They helped me out with some warranty work where the local dealer couldn't... Ron
    I e-mailed PPG and ask them if they are equiped with the Buds system. Their response was..."As a Platinum level certified BRP dealer, Yes we are equiped"........Yes, They can help him for sure.

  9. #9
    gotpurp305's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    102
    unfortunately i'm off to the dealer then

    i wonder what caused this though...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpurp305 View Post
    unfortunately i'm off to the dealer then
    i wonder what caused this though...
    a lot of things, Jumping BIG waves, riding at WOT for a long time and unpluging your battery for a long period of time ( NO power on the MPEM Brain.....it goes to sleep!) Hard Landing on a jump....... all of the above. Good luck!....I posted out of my experience......then again .......I am Jammer 1

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Will it fit?
    By porksword in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 01:20 AM
  2. Will it raise RPM or lower them
    By Alaska05RXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 09:35 PM
  3. MSX cover, will it fit?
    By Rodneyae in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 11:31 PM
  4. Will it fit?
    By ReDevilRXP in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 10:52 PM
  5. What will it take Jerry to...
    By 11 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 12:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •