+1

Service Questions

Hi, hope you can help.

My folks live in Florida, i live in England. When i visit them next month i was planning to buy a RXP-X from their local dealer to play around on whilst there before shipping it back here for our (somewhat limited) summer.

Problem is when i return to the Uk our dealers will not service them. I can do most of the stuff myself (or get it done anyhow), but do they need resetting for the 1st service at ten hours? Some people have said they will come up with a service reminder and slowly loose ower until plugged in by a dealership?

Can i reset it another way, buy the equipment to do it or what?!

Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by dalef10ods View Post
    Hi, hope you can help.

My folks live in Florida, i live in England. When i visit them next month i was planning to buy a RXP-X from their local dealer to play around on whilst there before shipping it back here for our (somewhat limited) summer.
    Problem is when i return to the Uk our dealers will not service them. I can do most of the stuff myself (or get it done anyhow), but do they need resetting for the 1st service at ten hours? Some people have said they will come up with a service reminder and slowly loose ower until plugged in by a dealership?
    Can i reset it another way, buy the equipment to do it or what?!
    Please help!
    The dealer has to use the BUDS system to clear the 10 hour service. Anyway you can ride for 10 hours before taking it home?

+1
    I dont think i can, probably only 3-4 hours. Will it just say it requires a service or will it loose power?

+1
    It won't lose power, you'll just get a maintenance reminder on initial start up. You can do all your service yourself with some simple tools and since you are on the east side of the big pond, you probally have the lion's share of the tools ( metric ) to do the job. The only real addition is a pump to suck the oil out on oil changes. And with the X, you already have metal S/C washers. By the way where are you at in England and where do your parents live in Fl.? I was hatched in Braintree Hospital in Halstead.

+1
    They live near Kissimmee in Orlando, i visit them several times each year and ski on the Butler Chain of Lakes and Lake Cloud i think its called. Would love to move over there i envy you guys you dont know how great you have it!
    I live in the south west of england near plymouth.
    Thanks for the help by the way its appreciated!

Thread Information