Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MY GP1300R blew up!

Hi all i'm new on here..i'm going to make a long story short here..i have an 03 Yamaha GP1300R..I was out riding it and the motor blew and send a rod through the side of the block so the motor is completely junk now..i have looked everywhere trying to find a stock replacement motor and nobody seems to have one or know where any are..don't know why...but my question is, does anybody know where in the world i can get a stock replacement motor?? Or even maybe a different motor that will bolt up?? i'm sitting here with just a hull and a paddle...Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks. Kenny

welcome to GH

i know theres an entire 60t motor on ebay minus the exhaust and stator cover....

if i were you i would take the motor apart and see whats still good... then buy whats broken and just fix it... my guess is you need new cases, crankshaft, and possibly a cylinder piston set......

pictures would help alot...

+1
    Where are you located??

I recently picked up one with the same issue...I had spoke with Water Worx(Dan) down in florida and he could rebuild one for a pretty fair price. There are a couple motors floating around but the sellers want 3-4k for them. SBT wont take yours as an exchange if the cases are busted from the rod(which is what mine had done). I have alot of motor parts sitting here from this GPR if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider05 View Post
    I recently picked up one with the same issue...I had spoke with Water Worx(Dan) down in florida and he could rebuild one for a pretty fair price. There are a couple motors floating around but the sellers want 3-4k for them. SBT wont take yours as an exchange if the cases are busted from the rod(which is what mine had done). I have alot of motor parts sitting here from this GPR if you are interested.

so yours busted a hole in the case and its still sitting there dead?

I'm not real familiar with jet skis, i jus ride for fun, but what is a 60t? i have thought about trying to rebuild it..i am located in conway, Ar..I will try and get some pics up so maybe you guys can tell me what i need and hopefully i can get it going soon..thanks

+1
    welcome to the forum. there may be some body to help you piece it back together

What could have caused this?

Quote Originally Posted by kpresley84 View Post
    I'm not real familiar with jet skis, i jus ride for fun, but what is a 60t? i have thought about trying to rebuild it..i am located in conway, Ar..I will try and get some pics up so maybe you guys can tell me what i need and hopefully i can get it going soon..thanks

60t is the motor your talking about..

with some pics we could help you fix it alot better..

you found the right site if you wanna rebuild it yourself,, its really easy if you use the help thats available here..

Had the same thing happen to me on my modded 1300r last season. Reason I think was a loose spark plug.

Two cylinders needed to be re done and one was trash. Head was screwed. One rod was broken. Reeds were ok. Power valves were ok. Crank was ok.

The wrist pin bearing and wrist basically exploded inside of the motor. Violent detonation because of a lean condition is what caused it I think. Engine was knocking hard but running good 72+ mph before it blew. It was able to send chunks of bearing I guess out the exhaust and then these part went back into the other cylinders causing some damage.

At a minimum I think you are going to need the head milled, renick each cylinder, might need a new cylinder on the one the rod broke in, get your crank checked out and rods/bearings replaced.

Anyways, you need to remove the head and see what everything looks like first. Then remove the cylinders.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information