Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I THINK I"M DONE!

OK so I have owned over 30 pwc's over the years. KAWI,POLARIS, YAMAHA. Never Sea-Doo. I always sed I would NEVER EVER have a sea-doo. Well last year I bought 2 RXP's FUCKING A talk about spend money and not ride Last year both SC ceramic washers blew apart, distroying both engines. So no ride last year. Had engines all rebuilt and spent A lot of chingaling on up grades. Well first time out both ski's only turning about 7250 rpm at best. I had the SC rebuilt by PPG and thot they took A shit right away again,NO. Both ski's are at dealer right now. Both have massive oil consumption. So A nother summer not doing what I love to do I think Sea-Doo has killed my hart for watercrafting.

+1
    i think the sc washer is the stupidest thing ever cuz it shatters so much. but with that aside, i think almost all of the rxp owners are happy with their ski. i know i am. i had a ceramic break twice in the same week on the same ski so i kind of know how it feels to be out of luck for most of the summer..

what ever happened to that belt driven sc?
    it seemed to be a hot item on the wanted list but i havent heard anything about it in a few months..

+1
    The metal washers will be available VERY soon in the online store. This will solve many many problems.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Rick!

Re: I THINK I"M DONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Tube Master
    OK so I have owned over 30 pwc's over the years. KAWI,POLARIS, YAMAHA. Never Sea-Doo. I always sed I would NEVER EVER have a sea-doo. Well last year I bought 2 RXP's ffing A talk about spend money and not ride Last year both SC ceramic washers blew apart, distroying both engines. So no ride last year. Had engines all rebuilt and spent A lot of chingaling on up grades. Well first time out both ski's only turning about 7250 rpm at best. I had the SC rebuilt by PPG and thot they took A sh*t right away again,NO. Both ski's are at dealer right now. Both have massive oil consumption. So A nother summer not doing what I love to do I think Sea-Doo has killed my hart for watercrafting.
    i know where your comming from, bro. it has been nothing but a nightmare ever since i bought an rxp. im thinkin of goin back to 2 stroke

2-STROKE YA. When are the manufactures going stop blowing smoke up our ASS and go back to 2-strokes.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by mxl16
    im thinkin of goin back to 2 stroke
    mayb for a ski with mods but for a rec ski i would pick a new gti. i havent heard any problems about those yet

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Schlonky1
    i would pick a new gti. i havent heard any problems about those yet
    just the cheap-ass front hood snapping off, no biggie.... LOL... if u haven't touched a new GTi with ur own hands, go open the front hood and i guarantee u'll get a good laugh to urself

actually i lied... u won't laugh bc as u open it u'll be scared bc u won't know how much to open it bc it feels like it's gonna snap about 3/4 of the way opened.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    just the cheap-ass front hood snapping off, no biggie.... LOL... if u haven't touched a new GTi with ur own hands, go open the front hood and i guarantee u'll get a good laugh to urself

actually i lied... u won't laugh bc as u open it u'll be scared bc u won't know how much to open it bc it feels like it's gonna snap about 3/4 of the way opened.
    That is very true. I had to learn a technique when I worked at the boat show so it wouldn't look so shitty when I opened it.
    I suspect that will get a rework for next year.
    Hopefully they drop a 155 into that hull as well.

I gave it a shot and tried the DOO. Great ski the RXP, like the ride and performance but the damn SC clutch sucks. I think that is a major down fall. I got rid of it. I'm back to all yamahas. Not even 60hrs, not even one season, had to replace the clutch twice. I hope yami comes out with something good next year, whether its a 70mph ski or a fun retro blaster stand up thingy.

wow over 30 pwc's never a DOO sorry to hear you are dissapointed,and probably pissed, im sure your other pwc's had some sort of problems sometimes?
    mine sank at 9hrs and still love the rxp 170hrs now.
    clutch problem is the sickness of this pwc and i hope the down time will not be a whole season,that will suck summer is short here.
    how many hours do you have on your rxp's?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information