Thread: Additional mods

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1

Additional mods

Guys I just rebuilt my pump, I went ahead and removed the nose cone. I was a little worried about getting the pump back on the shaft. I stuck a shop rag in between the driveshaft and output seal and visually lined up the shaft with the center of the pump housing...................couldn't believe it, went on first try!!!!!!!!!! While I had the pump apart I went ahead and filled the hole in the bottom of the nozzle where the OPAS was and the two holes in the side where the reverse bucket screws go through. Might be zero gains but it makes sense that it should be as smooth as possible to allow full thrust throught the nozzle. Damn I think I'll have another beer!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    Guys I just rebuilt my pump, I went ahead and removed the nose cone. I was a little worried about getting the pump back on the shaft. I stuck a shop rag in between the driveshaft and output seal and visually lined up the shaft with the center of the pump housing...................couldn't believe it, went on first try!!!!!!!!!! While I had the pump apart I went ahead and filled the hole in the bottom of the nozzle where the OPAS was and the two holes in the side where the reverse bucket screws go through. Might be zero gains but it makes sense that it should be as smooth as possible to allow full thrust throught the nozzle. Damn I think I'll have another beer!!!!!!!!!
    That's a good start. I found that three 3/4" thick blocks of wood line the shaft up too. I cut them from a standard 1" x 4" which is a nominal 3/4" thick and stack them in. I made them small enough to fall through the grate when finished.

Thread Information